Energy Drinks

SLT

Do ya'll drink these caffeine packed drinks?

Red Bull gives you wings, so they say.....:look:

SLT said:

I don't usually drink those drinks. I will drink Gatorade or Powerade. The only time I drink Red Bull or any of those types is when I absolutely have to stay awake and have something that needs to be done at work when I'm struggling to stay up.

Heck, I might need one this evening....:smh:

Mike said:
I don't usually drink those drinks. I will drink Gatorade or Powerade. The only time I drink Red Bull or any of those types is when I absolutely have to stay awake and have something that needs to be done at work when I'm struggling to stay up.

I have never taken a Red Bull drink. Does it really help in keeping you alert though?

Mike said:

Speaking of Gatorade/Powerade. Shouldn't these only be consumed on a regular basis if you are sweating profusely. I was always under the impression they were high in sodium. Athletes drink them to replace electrolytes they lose when sweating. A person with hypertension shouldn't consume these drinks in large quantities.
:lol: @ Mike needing a Red Bull this evening to stay awake!

I don't usually drink energy drinks. Recently I was introduced to something called Spark. I sometimes drink it about 30 min before kickboxing and it gives me a lot of energy. I actually got it at the gym. It's a powder and you mix it with 8 oz of water and you're good to go. I also drink at least (2) 32 oz bottles of water during the course of the workout.

SAME OLD G said:
I have never taken a Red Bull drink. Does it really help in keeping you alert though?

I have....................They work pretty good.
Honestly though you can get the same from a mug of strong coffee.

I guess the difference would be the convience of being able to pop the tab anytime you want a pick me up on a energy drink.

I Dont ever drink these cause they kinda :vomit: to me....

and Its no Use....Hell I can drink coffee, Can of Coca-Cola.....and A No Dose.....then Dose my Happy Azz Right to Sleep......

Nothing Works for me.....When Im Tied.......Im Tied...:p

JagGrad said:
Hell I can drink coffee, Can of Coca-Cola.....and A No Dose.....then Dose my Happy Azz Right to Sleep......

Nothing Works for me.....When Im Tied.......Im Tied...:p

:nod:

I feel you on this JagGrad!!! :lol:

SAME OLD G said:

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. It depends on when you take them. It usually takes 20 minutes for them to kick in. When they do, for me atleast, I'm shaking like a crackhead and wide-eyed as all outdoors.

If I drink more than one cup of coffee, I not going to sleep for atleast 6 hours after the last cup!

Mike said:
It usually takes 20 minutes for them to kick in. When they do, for me atleast, I'm shaking like a crackhead and wide-eyed as all outdoors.

on da flo! :lmao:

SLT said:
on da flo! :lmao:

I' dead serious. All that stuff with High Caffeine be having me like "Pookie" from New Jack City. I can't even work sometimes after that because I work on component level and fiber stuff. I broke 6 fiber lines trying to put connectors on in one night one time. :smh:

gramuntildeath said:
I don't trust that kind of stuff at ALL!!!!!!!
This is me too...I'm not into all this. I like things naturally...besides, from what I hear, they say this stuff cost a lot.

SAME OLD G said:

Red Bull doesn't do anything for me. A few months ago when I was practicing for our stepshow, I was looking for an energy drink and came across the MONSTER energy drink. That dayum can is so big...I think about 20 ounces. I have yet to be able to finish one. Anyway, this drink works.
I felt like I was floating when I had this drink. I was doing " extra" moves during our routine. Had one right before our show and boy did I stand out!!
I recommend Monster...see what monster will come out of you! :emlaugh:

LoyalTigress said:
Red Bull doesn't do anything for me. A few months ago when I was practicing for our stepshow, I was looking for an energy drink and came across the MONSTER energy drink. That dayum can is so big...I think about 20 ounces. I have yet to be able to finish one. Anyway, this drink works.
I felt like I was floating when I had this drink. I was doing " extra" moves during our routine. Had one right before our show and boy did I stand out!!
I recommend Monster...see what monster will come out of you! :emlaugh:
Monster doesn't really do much for me. My friend is a Monster addict though. This might sound funny but right around the time that Pimp Juice came out a friend bought me a can as a joke. I got thirsty and drank it and was up all nite.

Red Bull works for me. Mountain Dew MDX does too and it tastes better.. i just get the sugar-free kind, though.

Red Bull is alright, but Nelly's "Pimpjuice" does the trick for me. It tastes good, and you start to feel the adrenaline flowing after a minute, or so. Whenever I'm playing football, I don't take the field without the stuff.

NICE

I drink the stuff when I make a road trip. I hardly ever drink it otherwise. I did pop a full throttle on my way to a job interview. I talked those people's ear off. It made a good impression. They thought I was amped up about working there. I was just amped up.. I could have been talking about sauerkraut and it would have been the same result.

I don't necessarily trust the red bull's and monster drinks becasue they seem to be a bunch fluff just to get you the consumer to spend more for a souped-up drink. However, I find myself drinking a lot of powerade option and regular powerade. I especially like the option drink because of the different flavors and plus it gives me a nice boost since I make a lot of early morning starts going to work. I also like to drink Tahitian Noni juice with orange juice. I'll get it from GNC rather than the independent distributors. It works the same but for less.

ABE said:
I drink the stuff when I make a road trip. I hardly ever drink it otherwise. I did pop a full throttle on my way to a job interview. I talked those people's ear off. It made a good impression. They thought I was amped up about working there. I was just amped up.. I could have been talking about sauerkraut and it would have been the same result.

:lmao:

Been there, done that! My boss was like "Dayum man! Shut the phiizzuck up!"

:lol:

SLT said:

Try the Hyphy Juice, its an energy drink from the bay area, in California..

I think you can get used to anything. I started with red bull, moved to kmx, then tried the amped drinks. Monster did it for me for a while. I was buying it by the case at Sam's. It kinda faded. I went back to black coffee, then tried full throttle. Monster and drinks like that have more in them than just caffeine. Depending on the formulation it may have taurine, ginseng, or creatine in it also. I would slack up on drinking the sugar sweetened ones because I read an article which stated that the metabolism boosting effect of caffeine is nullified by the sugar. It seems the body actually shuts down the fat burning factory when you drink a highly caffeinated sugar sweetened drink. I am not sure how true it is, but I know some people drink this stuff like water.

I usually drink AT least one or two energy drinks per day.... Have been known to do more.... For me, if I am dead tired, it doesnt matter the drink wont help... But you do have to watch when you drink them cause they can have you up all night...

Back