Eminem's Video/Michael Jackson Satire

Well, if someone told me something as opposed to me seeing it, it could sway my opinion of his innocence/guilt.

jstate83 said:
OK people ...................I'm out this apple/orange convo. :licky:

I wonder if these jokes are funny to the people they are aimed at. But as long as the jokes are not in video form, then it's ok ..........OH brother.:teleport:

aw dude, don't act like that. :eek:

SLT said:
^^Don't leave LB.... :whine:

What's the point in starting a thread if I didn't want different views? :)

It's just that I don't see a difference between MJ and R. Kelly as far as NOT BEING CONVICTED, WHAT THEY ARE ACCUSED OF, AND most of all -- WHY IS STEVE HARVEY AND BET MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS. It ain't like this guy has not clowned people before................BEEF OR NOT.

Rush Limbaugh called Jessie Jackson a "Chocolate Chip" the other day on his show because he is the only person of color on Kerry's upper staff, and Steve Harvey picks this to try and start a damm nation wide protest.

Like SOMEONE here said ....................*iggas & flies"........always upset about the wrong thangs. :shame:

jstate83 said:
It's just that I don't see a difference between MJ and R. Kelly as far as NOT BEING CONVICTED, WHAT THEY ARE ACCUSED OF, AND most of all -- WHY IS STEVE HARVEY AND BET MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF THIS. It ain't like this guy has not clowned people before................BEEF OR NOT.

Rush Limbaugh called Jessie Jackson a "Chocolate Chip" the other day on his show because he is the only person of color on Kerry's upper staff, and Steve Harvey picks this to try and start a damm nation wide protest.

Like SOMEONE here said ....................*iggas & flies"........always upset about the wrong thangs. :shame:

Very true, Steve Harvey had a show here in Michigan earlier this year, he cracked jokes on both MJ and R. Kelly, why is he protesting now?

JaguarNation99 said:
How does that relate to jokes and music videos?

Uhhh, I just said it. Jokes are not visual...they are spoken.

Videos are visual & spoken. And being that MJ is in litigation right now with the child molestation charges, it was in poor taste to show little boys jumping on a bed with Eminem sitting on the bed also.

It was what the video suggested as opposed to what it said. Now the rest of the video could be considered funny, but that particular scene was a blow below the belt. Especially since videos are watched more now by kids than adults.

JaguarNation99 said:
Very true, Steve Harvey had a show here in Michigan earlier this year, he cracked jokes on both MJ and R. Kelly, why is he protesting now?

If the jokes were related to him molesting little boys, and because it has not been proven, it would be considered in poor taste also.

SLT said:
Uhhh, I just said it. Jokes are not visual...they are spoken.

Videos are visual & spoken. And being that MJ is in litigation right now with the child molestation charges, it was in poor taste to show little boys jumping on a bed with Eminem sitting on the bed also.

It was what the video suggested as opposed to what it said. Now the rest of the video could be considered funny, but that particular scene was a blow below the belt. Especially since videos are watched more now by kids than adults.

Well it's not Eminem's job to control what children watch, although how an adult could be swayed by either an obvious parody or jokes is beyond me.....

SLT said:
If the jokes were related to him molesting little boys, and because it has not been proven, it would be considered in poor taste also.

Perhaps, but he still has the right to make those jokes. But don't come back complaining that somebody else pokes fun at the situation when you did the same thing.

JaguarNation99 said:
although how an adult could be swayed by either an obvious parody or jokes is beyond me.....

You would be surprised at the power of the media.

I'm with jstate83 on this one. With all of the trash BET shows in their videos, why start banning videos now?

cat daddy said:
I'm with jstate83 on this one. With all of the trash BET shows in their videos, why start banning videos now?

Exactly, BET shows things that are of questionable taste all day long. If they're going to take a stand on something, do it completely, don't pick and choose.

Da_Sperm said:
Comedians job is to make people laugh, so if a joke about R. Kelly or Micheal Jackson is told by a comedian, then its sort of IMO in the right area. But having a love for music, I don't understand the need for Eminem to make fun of MJ. Most rappers rap about their life experience (gang banging, love, brain crushing, tearing the club up, women, sex, rivalries, etc).

Why would an artist want to start beef with another artist of a different genre? At any rate, MJ will be MJ. His songs will continue to be played years from now, Eminem will be forgotten in a couple of years. Eminem needs to be f'ng with J-Rule or somebody on his level.

Not gonna happen. It appears that M&M only picks on other artists that he thinks he can whip such as N Sync, Backstreet Boys, Moby, the dog puppet, etc. He seems to intentionally start beefs with these persons who have no beef with him at all. He called out Moby at an awards show. Yeah, M&M's a real tough guy.

LOL @ this whole thread.

The only problem I have with this is that it was done while MJ is on trial and this could taint the minds of jurors or whoever.

Aside from that I don't see what the fuss is about. MJ brought this mess on himself. Its not that hard to keep little boyz out of your house and out of your bed. He knows he got in hot water over this before so why keep bringing these little boys around.

MJ had been plastered all over TV looking like a monkey and I know good and well most of the people on this board have laughed at his foolishness. But all of a sudden Eminem does it and somethings wrong. I could see if he just attacked a legend that really had no ridiculous problems like Luther Vandorss or something. But MJ has put himself in the national spotlight with his foolishness and I think it would be stupid for the black commmunity to defend him just because he's black. I don't care what kind of musical legend he is....but he needs to learn how to conduct himself.

BLAQUE PRINCE said:
The only problem I have with this is that it was done while MJ is on trial and this could taint the minds of jurors or whoever.

My point exactly.

Good ................now that OPENS UP A "SLOT", :goodbad: :alicia: :emlaugh: :alicia: :goodbad: , for another great "Tip Drill" video's. :tup:

While we at it ..............let's move "UNCUT" to an EARLIER hour so I can watch. Staying up til 2am just ain't tha answer. JUST LEAVE MIKE OUT OF IT. :lmao: :lmao:

MTV should pull the video as well. I mean lets be honest, the video is horrible...Why would Luther be off limits? Christopher Reeves, and Sonny Bono wasn't.

It is offensive!

It is NOT a joke unless ALL WHO ARE INVOLVED CAN LAUGH! It aint funny to Mike. I think that lil white boy done overstepped his bounds.

BLAQUE PRINCE said:

SLT said:
My point exactly.

If a juror's mind is that easily tainted, then he or she shouldn't be on the jury anyway.

JaguarNation99 said:
If a juror's mind is that easily tainted, then he or she shouldn't be on the jury anyway.

And if he/she admits it during jury selection, he/she will NOT be chosen.

Well, not by the defense attorney. :cool:

What is the name of the song anyway?

SLT said:
And if he/she admits it during jury selection, he/she will NOT be chosen.

Well, not by the defense attorney. :cool:

What is the name of the song anyway?

LOL that's an excellent question, one I don't have the answer to. :hat:

JaguarNation99 said:
LOL that's an excellent question, one I don't have the answer to. :hat:

:lol: Anybody know the name of the song, cuz I shole don't...... :dizzy:

JaguarNation99 said:

Nice idea.....but that doesn't mean these people don't find themselves on a jury.

Back