Eminem's Video/Michael Jackson Satire

SLT

BET has pulled it because of the content and the fact that Michael Jackson is in court. MTV has continued to play it. Do you think other networks should pull it also?

What's ya'll take on it?

I saw this video ........................ THAT SHAT WAS FUNNY AS HE!!.
(Especially tha part where he's dressed like MJ dancing and his Nose and other part's fall off.) :goof:

BET need they arse kicked. They show all these video's on UNCUT like ya'll say, but now they want to pull a video. WHY?!?!.................. And now Steve Harvey, a person that is ALWAY's talking about how much he hates rap, want the "black community" to "Take back M&M's Ghetto card." :retard:

What's he trying to do .................... GIVE MJ BACK HIS. Give me a break.
Russ Par had this on when I drove to work this morning. People were tearing into Steve Harvey and BET. :nod:

I think this was simply a cowardly move on Eminem's part. Back in the day, you only seen videos like this when artist had a 'BEEF' with each other. There was no beef between Eminem and MJ before this video was released. I'm glad BET pulled it.

What was Steve Harvey's opinion on it again.

I saw the video. It sucked so hard that I cut it off.

Da_Sperm said:
I think this was simply a cowardly move on Eminem's part. Back in the day, you only seen videos like this when artist had a 'BEEF' with each other. There was no beef between Eminem and MJ before this video was released. I'm glad BET pulled it.
I concur...I haven't even seen the entire video, but from what I've seen and heard, it's utterly ridiculous. It's about time BET took a stand on something. :tup:

Steve Harvey's taking all calls and letters for those of you that have something to say to him directly.

When is Eminem going to do something that comes from Eminem? Every one of his videos is about him looking like a dayum super hero or putting down MJ or something. He has no dayum identity.

Maybe he should make his identity "Trailor Trash" or something.

Secondly, how you gone f' with Micheal Jackson musically? The man has hits in 4 different decades. The man has had MEN pass out crying at his concerts. Eminem pick the wrong person to f with.

Man screw that...Eminem's identity is just what this video portrays...pissing people off. How is this different from a comedian telling jokes about someone famous? The video also shows him as Hammer and Santa Claus, amonth others.

For real.

If M&M was black ...................this convo would not even be happening.

BET takes a stand ............... For MJ ................... Please.

The same people in an uproar about MJ would have said nothing if the video was about R. Kelly. People on here refusing to buy his cd's. But MJ is cause for a nation wide boycot of M&M. Please. :rolleyes:

I don't know. Steve Harvey is taking a many of tongue lashing now. They were on him this morning about being a racist but he kept emphasizing that this whole 'thing' is nothing about race, it's basically about total humiliation of someone while they're 'going through' <so to speak> and how it is just wrong. I understand where Steve Harvey is coming from in the sense that he says MJ is his good friend. That's what we do, if somebody attacks our friend (well, depending on the magnitude of the blow), we kinda deflect it. That's what I see Steve Harvey doing, playing defense for a friend. I like Eminem a lot. You can't take his craft away from him...however, I, too, think that parody was a teeny teeny bit distasteful, especially since MJ hasn't been actually convicted of anything. I'm still believing he is innocent until he is proven guilty.

ThaQuiet1 said:
I don't know. Steve Harvey is taking a many of tongue lashing now. They were on him this morning about being a racist but he kept emphasizing that this whole 'thing' is nothing about race, it's basically about total humiliation of someone while they're 'going through' <so to speak> and how it is just wrong. I understand where Steve Harvey is coming from in the sense that he says MJ is his good friend. That's what we do, if somebody attacks our friend (well, depending on the magnitude of the blow), we kinda deflect it. That's what I see Steve Harvey doing, playing defense for a friend. I like Eminem a lot. You can't take his craft away from him...however, I, too, think that parody was a teeny teeny bit distasteful, especially since MJ hasn't been actually convicted of anything. I'm still believing he is innocent until he is proven guilty.

He was taking a beating on the Rus Parr show this morning also. I see it's a coast to coast thumping for him.

As far as being distastful, it go with the territory.

Could care less, but how many jokes have you heard about R. Kelly...............Including the ones from Steve Harvey.

"Yeah, R. Kelly was set up ................... He set up tha camera."

Comedians job is to make people laugh, so if a joke about R. Kelly or Micheal Jackson is told by a comedian, then its sort of IMO in the right area. But having a love for music, I don't understand the need for Eminem to make fun of MJ. Most rappers rap about their life experience (gang banging, love, brain crushing, tearing the club up, women, sex, rivalries, etc).

Why would an artist want to start beef with another artist of a different genre? At any rate, MJ will be MJ. His songs will continue to be played years from now, Eminem will be forgotten in a couple of years. Eminem needs to be f'ng with J-Rule or somebody on his level.

I think the majority of the mess on BET should be pulled, that's why I don't watch it... :shades: It is a sorry excuse for a supposed African American network......there's more to us than comedy and degrading rap videos...:rolleyes:

I didn't understand why he WANTED to poke fun at MJ.

You would have to ask yourself, "What good can become of this?"

Now if Weird Al did it, it is because he makes his career out of doing parodies of artists and their songs.

mmmmm.....well.....well with R. Kelly though, we SEE him in the act, lol, there's not that many that didn't see him in action with their own eyes (via the tape) so, all of the parodies on him have been more like a <shake your finger> shame on you type parody. They were wrong for that too but it's hard to say dude I think you're innocent when I'm looking at you bust your back on my screen, lol. With MJ, for now, it's just talk. Just talk. Allegations. I understand, it comes with celebrity, but still, some things you just kinda don't do. MJ has been mocked and his different phases imitated forever and if I'm not mistaken, I think I read a statement before where he said that he actually think it's funny sometimes to watch people imitate him but this is different, this situation pokes fun at a situation that may alter this man's life, means the difference between him spending the rest of his life in prison or not. I'm speaking from a 'don't kick a man when he's down' perspective.

but er, rum Red1, that's what these people on here obviously want to see...they like that schitt.

Sperm, great post...they've all sent Mike to prison and fried him already. Nobody knows whether those accusations against him are even true...then somebody wants to attempt to compare R. Kelly to Mike.....please. :lol:

R. Kelly's ass is on tape...ni&&as & flies. :smh:

Why is MJ off limits.

Why is Steve Harvey poking fun at R. Kelly different from M&M poking fun at MJ.

People, I like MJ too. But I just don't see where the "black community" has to get in an uproar over this. Since when did a rapper need a reason to "sell records." M&M has made fun of someone on EVERY record he has put out.

BTW: You may see R. Kelly on video .................. But he say's it's not him AND HE HAS NOT BEEN CONVICTED. :ebrow:

You may not see MJ in bed with kids, BUT PAYING MILLIONS TO KIDS IN THE PAST MAKES YOU SAY HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. :ebrow:

Why is one off limit's because of a non-conviction --and LACK OF ACTIVITY IN THE "COMMUNITY" FOR A DECADE's WHILE HE LIGHTEN'S HIS SKIN, STRAIGHTEN'S HIS HAIR, AND PAY'S PINK TOE'S MILLIONS TO DROP LOADS FOR HIM SO HE WILL HAVE LIGHT SKINNED KIDS..............................

While the other, R. KELLY, is not even worthy of you buying his cd ..............did I mention he has not been convicted either. Hell, he got more freedom than MJ. Got ticket's for Saturday night's concert after the game. :licky:

SU's Finest '93 said:
but er, rum Red1, that's what these people on here obviously want to see...they like that schitt.

Sperm, great post...they've all sent Mike to prison and fried him already. Nobody knows whether those accusations against him are even true...then somebody wants to attempt to compare R. Kelly to Mike.....please. :lol:

R. Kelly's ass is on tape...ni&&as & flies. :smh:

Ain't no attempt from somebody .................... I did.

Both are accused of having sex with underage CHILDREN.

Tell me ............... HOW IS IT DIFFERENT.
Girls/Boys ...............in both these cases, THEY BOTH WERE CHILDREN. But to prove your point, you will look completely past this fact. :lmao: :lmao:

Da_Sperm said:
Why would an artist want to start beef with another artist of a different genre? At any rate, MJ will be MJ. His songs will continue to be played years from now, Eminem will be forgotten in a couple of years. Eminem needs to be f'ng with J-Rule or somebody on his level.
That ain't beef...it's jokes.

BET AND MTV are both owned by viacom.....it looks stupid for one to pull it and not the other. it is a set up. every time a white person or other's especially mm, j-lo, paris hilton, does something we don't approve of we get in an uproar when we accepted them from the beginning and batch about it when it is suitable for us. all this noise is making mm richer. comedian + rapper = entertainer. if you don't want your ish talked about....keep it out the streets.

i am not an mm fan and i think mj is crazy, but look at the situation as it is and who will come out looking like an arse.....BET and Bob Johnson because i'll bet MTV dosen' t pull that video.

OK people ...................I'm out this apple/orange convo. :licky:

I wonder if these jokes are funny to the people they are aimed at. But as long as the jokes are not in video form, then it's ok ..........OH brother.:teleport:

^^Don't leave LB.... :whine:

What's the point in starting a thread if I didn't want different views? :)

It's definitely a hypocritical stance by BET to pull the video, since they show comedians on Comic View who constantly make jokes about MJ (albeit generally not very funny ones). Why is it OK in one instance but wrong in the other?

Back