Embracing Your Priorities: February 2018

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Hello everyone! I pray you are all well and in good spirit. The last time I posted words of encouragement was in 2017, so I additionally pray that 2018 has been good for you so far.

I missed the 2018 January encouragement. I didn’t forget, but I spent so much time thinking on other things, I allowed my time to run out. So please pardon me.

Once again, I decided to call the series by a different name for this year; this is the 2018 vision for the Women's Ministry at my church, but this is beneficial to the brothers as well.

Enjoy.

My pastor started this year’s Bible Study with a series called, “What the Enemy Wants in 2018". He reminded us that the enemy, Satan, wants us to be discouraged, derailed, and distracted. It is distractions that take our eyes off God, allow us to disconnect from Christ, and lead us away from the Word of God. Our mind is now open to the devil and it just takes the tiniest crack for him to enter and take over.

I recently received some news that rocked me, the kind of news that instantly impacts your life. Ever since I learned this news, not a day goes by that I don’t think about it and how it has changed a lot of things for me. Several weeks have gone by and I still think of this. But I am never ceased to be amazed at how so totally awesome God is and how He just blows my mind!

One of my favorite Scripture passages is Philippians 2:5-11 (particularly verses 9-11). I love how the passage presents the humility of Jesus, while at the same time His majesty. So, last week during a Ministry meeting when I was asked to read a Scripture, I read that passage. The very next day, at the start of Intercessory Prayer, I was asked to read a Scripture, and of course I read that one. Later, that same night during Bible Study, my pastor referenced Philippians 2:5. Again, I love that passage because of the reasons stated above. Today, however, during my daily devotion and Word time, while reading from the Gospel of Matthew, the Holy Spirit clearly spoke to me, “Let the mind of Christ be in you”. I was just amazed! It was revealed to me that I have been allowing this life-changing news to distract me to the point where I failed to share words of encouragement to the Household of Faith! While this news does justify concern, I allowed it take over to the point I didn’t offer words to those in the Body of Christ who may be in their own personal storm! And while it was not the devil that was the author of this news, it was my constant thinking on it that pleased him because it created panic, fear, sorrow and concern in me, which kept me from doing what God allowed me to do. But again, God is so awesome, and I instantly thanked and praised Him for the revelation.

Brothers and sisters, we are in the battle of our lives right now for our mind. The devil wants control of our minds and thought process. If he cannot attack us outwardly, he’ll try to inwardly, starting with our thoughts. Any distraction that could take our minds off God can create a foothold for him to enter and take over. But just as Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself by partaking of those things contrary to God, we too must be determined to take on the mindset of Christ and not focus on things not of Him. Nothing will ever be put on us that we cannot bear. If you happen to forget that, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby) Holy Spirit, sent by God, will come and bring to your remembrance all that He has spoken and taught you!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

Philippians 2:5
Isaiah 26:3
Philippians 4:8
Psalm 121:1-2
Romans 12:2

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
@96lioness....I am so sorry to hear that you were rocked by some recent news. Prayers are lifted on your behalf.
I am also encouraged by your words for this month, and by your renewed commitment to embrace your (God's) priorities.

All of us are going thru "something". And although one person's "something" may not seem to be a bad/big/crucial as
somone else's "something", your reminder to keep our focus on God, is truer now than ever before.

So, thanks for the reminder and the encouraging words, and you too, dear sister, be encouraged, for Our God is able, and
His Grace is sufficient for the "somethings" in our lives.

Thank you so much @Big Thunder for your prayers and for your support of the Prayer Board. To God be the glory! I thank Him for your encouragement and pray your continued strength and delight in our Lord Jesus Christ.

And thank you for your words of empowerment and encouragement.:)

Back