Embracing Your Priorities: December 2018

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Good morning all! It is the 3rd day of the last month of 2018! Day 3! We (Christians/Believers) realize the significance of the number and power of 3, fully aware that greatness has and still can happen on Day 3! Today, I speak unity and power for you on this day.

Here is the last EYP for this year. I thank God for His grace and mercy in keeping all of us throughout this year. Let us finish 2018 strong!

The Key to Bearing Fruit
John 15:16-17

Fruit of the Spirit-the singular product of God’s love, comprised of many virtues, that is the result of His Holy Spirit’s presence and work in the lives of mature Believers.

To bear fruit means to bring or get good results; yield positive, productive results. Jesus taught important spiritual lessons regarding the “fruit” of our lives and what it means to bear this “fruit”. A major key to bearing fruit is praying for help from the Holy Spirit. God’s main concern for our “fruit” is for it to be good, “the fruit of the righteous” (James 3:17-18). Thus, not all fruit is good, and Jesus warns us the consequences of bearing bad fruit:

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is CUT DOWN and is thrown into the fire” (Matthew 7:19).

The Master knows our character by our spiritual fruit, just as “a tree is known by its fruit” – good or bad (Matthew 12:33). Production of the best, quality fruit requires work, time, patience, and perseverance (James 5:7-11). Those who fail to do so will be called “unprofitable” and “wicked and lazy” (Matthew 25:26, 30). This is NOT how we want to be viewed by Jesus Christ. Remember, God’s spirit is like a river (John 7:38). Its waters provide the nutrients needed to grow the fruit, and when it does, it will flow into us only when it also flows out to others.

As Christians/Believers, we must closely follow God’s desire for good fruit; it is His desire for us to produce a lot of it and for it to be highly productive. Jesus said:

This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be disciples”-John 15:8
So, bearing abundant fruit glorifies God and identifies Christ’s disciples! But remember, we are FIRST required to abide in Jesus Christ (John 15:4-5); we can bear fruit ONLY if He abides in us and we in Him. We abide in Him through the gift of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, for without Him, we CAN DO NOTHING!

Thank you for your time and encouragement throughout this year. I am so blessed to know such people of God who don't mind taking the time to talk and share about the goodness and greatness of God. I pray that I will have the honor of meeting @LAW DAWG @BulldogM.Ed.23 @Big Thunder @JSUTigers1877 and so many of you one day and look forward to in-person, in-depth conversations about our Lord Jesus Christ!

As always, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back