Embracing Your Priorities: August 2018

96lioness

QUEEN LIONESS!!!
Greetings all. I pray you and your families are well and in good health and spirit. I’m sure you’re all probably ready for another football season. It’s less than a week away! WOW! God continues to remain so good to us and allow us to go into another season of football, fun, and festivities! To those of you who have sons, nephews, cousins, uncles, or are friends, acquaintances, neighbors or whatever to these athletes, whether it’s junior varsity, high school, college or even professional, I am in prayer for a good, injury-free season, and pray God’s traveling grace and arrival mercy for all who will travel to support these athletes.

Here is the EYP for August.

When Jesus heard that, He said, “This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby”-John 11:4 (KJV)​

I’ve often used this Scripture whenI pray for those who have been stricken with cancer, heart attack, stroke or other illnesses. While I do believe that every sickness is not unto death, in my meditation a few days ago, I was given another meaning to this Scripture.

Contrary to what the devil may want, every test, trial, tribulation, tragedy, every bit of trouble that comes into the lives of the Body of Christ is NOT mean for our Spiritual death! As God’s children, we know that He is in control of everything (including our lives and what happens in our lives), and while He may allow the devil throw bad things our way (as was the case with Job), we can rest assured that our enemy CANNOT do anything to us WITHOUT God’s permission!

This, however, does not mean that we won’t have dark days in our lives. Because we belong to Christ, we will be hit with some traumatizing challenges and circumstances that could possibly shatter our faith and discontinue our belief in Jesus Christ. And while most situations come without any warning, some do come with a message prior to tragedy, as was the case with Jesus when He learned of Lazarus’ sickness PRIOR to his death. So, when we’re able to see confusion and conflict and chaos and calamity ahead, what is the response? Too often I hear people say, “The devil is busy”, or “the devil is tryin’ to take me down”, or “the devil is on my trail again”. But do you, as a Christian ever stop and think maybe what’s happening to you isn’t just for you, but for someone else?

Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always; but because of the people which stand by I said it, THAT THEY MAY BELIEVE THAT THOU HAST SENT ME”-John 11:41-42 (KJV)​

Trouble, stress, conflict, temptations, drama, storms, tragedy, and even death will come into our lives. Whether it’s by our own hand, or by a feeble attempt of the enemy, or even by the will of God, we’ll face some faith-shattering moments. But it’s during these times that we must recognize that this is not just for our faith and Spiritual growth and development. It’s for others AROUND us to see the Christ IN us so THEY can know beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus Christ still lives! YOU HAD to experience such things in order to BE AN EFFECTIVE WITNESS! In the gospel of Matthew, notice Jesus told His disciples FIRST to “let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is Heaven”(5th chapter), THEN He told them, “Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you” (28th chapter). So, when the tests come, and the trials come, and the tribulations come, and the trouble comes, and the tragedies come, don’t give the devil glory by saying, “The devil is busy”, or “the devil is on my trail again,”. Share your testimony with others, how you and your family and your house came out unharmed when that tree fell on your house during that storm! Tell others how God kept you in a perfect peace and allowed you to remain in your right frame of mind when TWO of your children committed suicide! Testify of the might and power and protection of the Lord God Jehovah el Shaddai and how you and your children walked away from a head-on collision! Let the world know that the sorrows and sadness didn’t bring you to a Spiritual death, but in fact closer to eternal Salvation through Jesus Christ. When we firstly give God the glory for what He has allowed to Spiritually transition in our lives, we can then become effective in our witness of Jesus Christ. Someone may possibly come to know and accept Jesus Christ because of your disasters or distresses. And when that happens, TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always.

Last edited:

Back