Elizabeth Taylor Calls Mother's Day A 'Rip-OFF'

THAMES

Famous movie actress Elizabeth Taylor has called Mother's Day a commercial rip-off in a recent interview. She said its just a chance for her to sell her "white diamonds' perfume" and other things that women like. Do you agree? If not, what are your plans for Mothers Day this Sunday?

Half of the holidays that exist today are rip-offs. They were invented by women, gift companies, or some weak male simply to make money or have a season to get/give gifts.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't either. But Mother's day is one I will let slide. I'll go ahead and get a card or something. The rest of them I don't even deal with.

Ripoff. Plain and simple. The only exception I would make would be Thanksgiving. And sometimes I have my doubts about it.

Other than the name, Thanksgiving is a rip-off. It's a holiday to celebrate Europeans setting up Native Americans for the kill. They ate and traded with them, then the next day tried to kill them.

Originally posted by Sonic98
Other than the name, Thanksgiving is a rip-off. It's a holiday to celebrate Europeans setting up Native Americans for the kill. They ate and traded with them, then the next day tried to kill them.

Well, I can't argue with that.

I agree with most of what has been said. OK, I did call my mother last night and bought her and some others cards for the holiday. But going into debt because of a holiday is not my style. Heck, I am already in too much debt. I do not need more.

Well Mother's Day for one day only is not good. Everyday is Mother's Day. My Pastor's sermon today ( 5-12-02) dealt with why we should not have Mother's Day. The Church was like what ? In my view I agree with that concept. It should not be a day set to honor Mothers. We should and I am sure many of you all do... give our Mothers Love and Respect each and every day.

Back