Electric Guitar Pioneer Rosetta Tharpe

LAW DAWG

TSU LOVE
She finally is getting her due by being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's about time!

Sister Rosetta Tharpe is one of the essential figures in the history of rock and roll.

If she had not been there as a model and inspiration, Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and other rock originators would have had different careers. No one deserves more to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Sister Rosetta became famous in 1938 with a record called “Rock Me.” She was a star through the 1940’s, a black woman singing gospel music to the accompaniment of her own driving electric guitar – howling and stamping.
...........................................................................................
Without Sister Rosetta Tharpe, rock and roll would be a different music. She is the founding mother who gave rock’s founding fathers the idea.
https://www.rockhall.com/nominee/sister-rosetta-tharpe

Surprised the LGBTQLMNOP community didn't jump on a Rosetta Tharpe project. It's been alleged in the COGIC church that Tharpe had a long-standing relationship with singer Marie Knight until Knight wanted to secure the bag as a solo artist.

Last edited:
She finally is getting her due by being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's about time!

Sister Rosetta Tharpe is one of the essential figures in the history of rock and roll.

If she had not been there as a model and inspiration, Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and other rock originators would have had different careers. No one deserves more to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Sister Rosetta became famous in 1938 with a record called “Rock Me.” She was a star through the 1940’s, a black woman singing gospel music to the accompaniment of her own driving electric guitar – howling and stamping.
...........................................................................................
Without Sister Rosetta Tharpe, rock and roll would be a different music. She is the founding mother who gave rock’s founding fathers the idea.
https://www.rockhall.com/nominee/sister-rosetta-tharpe

It's not lost on me that a black woman basically birthed rock-and-roll. I mean, the black woman is the mother of us all, right!?!?!

Surprised the LGBTQLMNOP community didn't jump on a Rosetta Tharpe project. It's been alleged in the COGIC church that Tharpe had a long-standing relationship with singer Marie Knight until Knight wanted to secure the bag as a solo artist.

Wow I didn’t know that one

Back