El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, Better Call Saul & Breaking Bad Show Thread

I know I'm late to this party. Had some time on my hand, browsed Netflix, really wanted to know more about Better Call Saul with Giancarlo Esposito but I went ahead and checked out the first episode of Breaking Bad. A just turned 50 something man has a life changing experience huh? I can relate. Looks like I'll have some good stuff to binge for awhile.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I know I'm late to this party. Had some time on my hand, browsed Netflix, really wanted to know more about Better Call Saul with Giancarlo Esposito but I went ahead and checked out the first episode of Breaking Bad. A just turned 50 something man has a life changing experience huh? I can relate. Looks like I'll have some good stuff to binge for awhile.

Oh yeah, my son hipped me to Breaking bad in season 3 and I went back and binged it to catch up. Now I've been on Better Call Saul from the beginning and it shows how a lot of these characters started. Can't wait for the last part of the final season starts. I'll probably start watching Breaking Bad all over again.

Oh yeah, my son hipped me to Breaking bad in season 3 and I went back and binged it to catch up. Now I've been on Better Call Saul from the beginning and it shows how a lot of these characters started. Can't wait for the last part of the final season starts. I'll probably start watching Breaking Bad all over again.
I finally finished binge watching the series and the movie. Man that was a wild ride. The energy of the characters reminded my of how it was as I was watching Ozark. I was glued in season one and two but then by season 3, it seemed like they really kicked it up a notch. I just love it when I watch something and it is so full of unpredictable moments. More I could say but Walt’s and Jesse’s fate to me turned out the way it should. I say that because while at times they were such likable characters, they deserved the bad fate they experienced as well, especially Walt in the end. There were so many other memorable characters as well. Too many to mention…. We’ll see if I can get caught up with Better Call Saul in time for the final season.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm actually caught up with everything now.

My random thoughts on Better Call Saul, it's crazy how even while being on the low with the name change and all, Saul aka Mr. Takavic aka Jimmy McGill is always up to no good...anyhow, because I really don't care too much for all the slower dramatic stuff, I often fast forward to the more action and suspenseful scenes with Mike, Gus, Hector, and them.

I remember the actor that played Mike as the cop that got killed in 48hours. Man he has come a long way. That really is a cool character he is playing.

Oh, and that was ole Carol Burnett in episode 10. Wow, I remember that variety show that used to come on back in the 70s. My folks watched that on the regular. In fact, somebody behind the scenes is into a lot of 70s and early 80s type stuff. It was cool seeing Marla Gibbs aka Florence from the Jeffersons in El Camino....

Also, I will never forget the face that plays Hector from Oz on HBO. He was that Mafia Kingpin in prison that died because his enemy (Adebisi) stuck him with an HIV infected needle and he never knew about it. Just a scene I could never forget...

Giancarlo Esposito has definitely been doing his thing. Before I started watching any of this, I thought he was the main character or something, but now I see that he is just in a company with so many good actors, the kind that never get the lead roles but the parts they've played in various movies (especially Breaking Bad, El Camino, and Better call Saul) have been memorable. Yeah this whole series have been worth the watch.

My random thoughts on Better Call Saul, it's crazy how even while being on the low with the name change and all, Saul aka Mr. Takavic aka Jimmy McGill is always up to no good...anyhow, because I really don't care too much for all the slower dramatic stuff, I often fast forward to the more action and suspenseful scenes with Mike, Gus, Hector, and them.

I remember the actor that played Mike as the cop that got killed in 48hours. Man he has come a long way. That really is a cool character he is playing.

Oh, and that was ole Carol Burnett in episode 10. Wow, I remember that variety show that used to come on back in the 70s. My folks watched that on the regular. In fact, somebody behind the scenes is into a lot of 70s and early 80s type stuff. It was cool seeing Marla Gibbs aka Florence from the Jeffersons in El Camino....

Also, I will never forget the face that plays Hector from Oz on HBO. He was that Mafia Kingpin in prison that died because his enemy (Adebisi) stuck him with an HIV infected needle and he never knew about it. Just a scene I could never forget...

Giancarlo Esposito has definitely been doing his thing. Before I started watching any of this, I thought he was the main character or something, but now I see that he is just in a company with so many good actors, the kind that never get the lead roles but the parts they've played in various movies (especially Breaking Bad, El Camino, and Better call Saul) have been memorable. Yeah this whole series have been worth the watch.
I think that's a totally different dude. The guy that plays Hector was in Scarface. He was Sosa's enforcer and Tony had to kill him because he don't believe in killing children.

That last episode of Better Call Saul was a good Post Breaking Bad episode showing what Jimmy aka Saul aka Gene did to keep up with his high jinx. He even told the story of the high school chemistry teacher did to make things work.

Next to last episode on BCS showed what Kim was up to after 6 years beyond their breakup. They even showed her meeting Jesse outside Saul's office prior to Breaking Bad.

Can't wait to see the series ending episode next week.

Saul/Jimmy got everything he wanted with his deal with the Feds. Getting that down to 7 years and where he would serve them was showing how great a lawyer he was. After all that he found out Kim had come clean on everything with Howard and could be caught in a civil suit over it. To save her he then gave it all away to save Kim and show her he was taking responsibility for everything.

Saul/Jimmy got everything he wanted with his deal with the Feds. Getting that down to 7 years and where he would serve them was showing how great a lawyer he was. After all that he found out Kim had come clean on everything with Howard and come be caught in a civil suit over it. To save her he then gave it all away to save Kim and show her he was taking responsibility for everything.
This whole series caused me to reflect more on my corporate dealings. I mean, Saul and others took us for a wild ride. Their characters were fascinating. Even when we knew they were doing wrong, we often wanted them to win. Yet I kept thinking about all of the innocent and naïve casualties they all caused. So I couldn't help but wonder about the roles I play in various areas of my own life (like how much am I a pawn vs. knight or a rook, queen, or king in this game?).....In the end most of the main characters got what they deserved.

#randomthoughts

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back