Eddie Murphy Monologue - SNL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
'Back to being a Hollywood Slave': Bill Cosby's rep lashes out at Eddie Murphy after 'SNL' gig
Susan Haas, USA TODAY

Eddie Murphy was back on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend, hosting the show for the first time in 35 years. Not everyone was laughing.
The comedy legend kicked off his monologue by talking about his new baby, his 10th child: "But if you would have told me 30 years ago that I would be this boring, stay-at-home house dad and Bill Cosby would be in jail, even I woulda took that bet. Who is America’s dad now?!" Murphy cracked with a spot-on Cosby impression.

Cosby’s publicist, Andrew Wyatt, hit back on Instagram Sunday night, saying the actor and comedian, "broke color barriers" in the industry so that Murphy and others could thrive.

"One would think that Mr. Murphy was given his freedom to leave the plantation, so that he could make his own decisions; but he decided to sell himself back to being a Hollywood Slave," Wyatt said.

Bill used to come for Eddie and his act.

Yes he did. I am going to go against the grain here. Comedians take shots at every body else, why should Bill Cosby, be any different? (personally I don't think Bill is guilty of all that he was accused of) but if you are in the public eye, for whatever reason, there is a good possibility that some comedian is going to take shots at you. O.J. Simpson. Martha Stewart, Marion Barry, Tiger Woods, Donald Trump, etc. Comedians taking shots at people in the news, well those are just the fleas that comes with the dog. Hey, I am just saying.

Yes he did. I am going to go against the grain here. Comedians take shots at every body else, why should Bill Cosby, be any different? (personally I don't think Bill is guilty of all that he was accused of) but if you are in the public eye, for whatever reason, there is a good possibility that some comedian is going to take shots at you. O.J. Simpson. Martha Stewart, Marion Barry, Tiger Woods, Donald Trump, etc. Comedians taking shots at people in the news, well those are just the fleas that comes with the dog. Hey, I am just saying.

Bill is not an exception....hell he talked shit about people.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Bill is still the man to me. He was so versatile back in the day. I love how he got his Ed.D which was based on Fat Albert, his dabbles into Jazz Music and so on. Let's Do It Again and Uptown Saturday Night will forever be two of my favorite movies. Nevertheless, when Eddie made the joke, I laughed my tail off and immediately thought about his skit on Raw. Apparently Cosby has had similar incidents with other Black Comedians as well like D.L. Hughley.

I am not a fan of her's but I remember when Wanda Sykes was hosting some show and Bill was in the audience. She was trying to give him props and ole Bill put her on blast. I was like man that was wrong. You just got to be careful how your treat folks cause bad seeds will come back to haunt you.

Back