Dumb Stuff You Did Growing Up

Herbert77060

Texas Southern University
I was sitting here doing nothing and a memory of something I did that was really dumb can to mind.

What is something you did as a teenager or young adult? Nothing illegal...statute of limitations may not have run out and nothing that seriously injured someone.

I was sitting here doing nothing and a memory of something I did that was really dumb can to mind.

What is something you did as a teenager or young adult? Nothing illegal...statute of limitations may not have run out and nothing that seriously injured someone.

So you are not gonna tell us what you did? 🤣

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I cannot think of anything right off the top of my head. Growing up on a farm in rural Alabama we did not really have time to do dumb stuff. Let me think about this some more.

Here's one....A guy let me and the guitar player in our group use his Eldorado for some reason and I cannot remember why. The car had the gear shift in the middle between the seats. My dumb butt was showing off and said tried to use the gear shift as a slap stick. I slap the gear shift doing about 40 and it went into reverse. I slammed on brakes but every time the car changed gears there was a thump sound coming from the transmission. Fortunately the owner never noticed.

One of many dumb things I did while growing up.

The first thing that comes to mind is the time I played Retreat on the navy base my pops was stationed at. I had cars stopping and sailors facing the flag saluting. About 30 minutes later, pops was asking me why the MPs were at our house about me playing my trumpet outside.

The first thing that comes to mind is the time I played Retreat on the navy base my pops was stationed at. I had cars stopping and sailors facing the flag saluting. About 30 minutes later, pops was asking me why the MPs were at our house about me playing my trumpet outside.
Off Topic: What brand of trumpet did you/do you have?

At my highschool we had two cafeterias. One for the 9-10, and one for the 11-12. So when I was in the 10th grade Eddie Murphy came out with Raw. My crew had our on table we sat at. So I was as usual clowning. I was reciting some of the scenes from Raw up on the table. Everyone was cracking up including my gal. Well all of a sudden I felt the crowd quiet and disappear. I turned around and it was our assistant principal Mr Hardy. All I remember him saying was Mr. Cee straight to in school suspension now. 😂 I got two weeks. To get out of it I had to take the Bulldog. It was the paddle. One lick counted for three days. The problem was the band had to play in a program that day and I had a blue suit on. Man the whole school walked by laughing at me outside picking up leaves. 😂 The project crew had respect for your boy though. I was officially one of them now. 😂

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I remember a dumb thing I did on the way to Prairie View for the first time. I had a white 63 Falcon and wanted to bring it to PV. I did some work on the car and bought new tires for it. Then me and my 2 room mates loaded the car up waay too much, we put a luggage rack on top with a trunk in the rack, loaded the trunk of the car and loaded the extra passenger seat. I took the thermostat out so when we left Kansas City the car didn't have any heat and it was 13 degrees. We got all the way to Sanger Texas when we found out the car was too loaded, we had a blowout and the car flipped over a small cliff and flipped over upside down. I flew out the back seat through the front windshield and hit the dirt. The car was still running upside down. We had to catch the buss the rest of the way to PV, but loading that care up with those skinny tires was smart and I'm lucky to talk about it.

1963_minneapolis-mn.jpg

In highschool me and my boys went up to pizza hut up in midtown to eat. So we decided to sneak out and not pay. Well why my dumb arse left my inhaler on the table. Y'all know black parents didn't like using their insurance to buy you nothing back then. To make a long story short the waitress saw it on the table and was waving it on the window like yeah ninja I got you now. 😂 So we had to end up paying. 😂 Man they'd lock you up now for that. Whew thank God there was no internet to post on Facebook then. My boys roasted me for years for that. 😂

Back in the summer of 87 they had summer school at Douglas high. My boys had to go so I was bored and went and took some classes to get ahead just to be in school to hangout with them. I think we got out around 11 am. So we would ride by the Marta bus stop hanging out the window mooning the folks at the bus stop. One day a car pulled out in front of my boy driving and my boy JT fell out the window with his butt out. 😂 Man that shyt was hilarious. He was in the middle of the street. They cracked on him all summer 😂

Back