Drumline DVD

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
drumline_poster2.jpg

It comes out Tues 4/15, I'll be getting my copy......who else?

I got my copy today from Target for $14.95.

Why don't they put the wide screen and full screen versions on the same DVD like most DVD's are, instead of selling them separate. I like watching the wide screen versions of movies to see the whole picture like it is shown in the theatres.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
WE WATCHED THE DVD ON THE WAY BACK FROM HOUSTON WHERE GSU APPEARED TO PROMOTE IT. I WAS PISSED THAT THE EXTRA FOOTAGE SUCKED. THE DELETED SCENES WERE CUT FOR GOOD REASON. THE BATTLE OF THE BAND FOOTAGE CONSISTED OF THE C-STYLE BAND THAT WAS IN ATTENDANCE BUT NEVER MADE THE MOVIE. THE DVD WAS A DISSAPOINTMENT TO ME. YES THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD A WIDE SCREEN VERSION OF THE MOVIE.

Originally posted by Fiyah
I got my copy today from Target for $14.95.

Why don't they put the wide screen and full screen versions on the same DVD like most DVD's are, instead of selling them separate. I like watching the wide screen versions of movies to see the whole picture like it is shown in the theatres.

They aren't on the same DVD????

I'll wait for a while, maybe they will change it.

Probably not.

drumline_poster2.jpg
drumline.jpg

STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THEY CHANGED THE COVER ART TO THE DVD AND INCLUDED THE WHITE GUY. THEY SHOULD HAVE ADDED SOME BANDS PICS

You know why they added the white guy, they were trying to increase sales with a "diverse" cover.

Originally posted by Batman

They aren't on the same DVD????

I'll wait for a while, maybe they will change it.

Probably not.

Nope, you need to read the top of it to determine if you are purchasing the wide screen or full screen.

And the extras on it do suck. I was expecting to see some of the participating bands actually doing a whole halftime show. More commentary from band members and band directors involved.

This movie show better on the big screen of a movie theater than the small screen of a TV.

I saw both DVD's, and I'm still debating.

While I only have a 27" TV, I kinda like the wide look, makes me feel like I'm actually at the movies.

I know one thing, I better get it this week, or it will be up to $19.95.

Before anybody else says it....I already know....

Someone will eventually post that...
"Y'all ain't never satisfied!" :rolleyes:

SO WHAT CHICKEN BUTT! :fart:

Now...on to my comments..... :smug:

I was looking at the deleted scenes and under the title "Battle of The Bands", if you click on it, you see some local lame-azz high school band, I think Harrison H.S. in Cobb County, and nobody else! I was like what the *****? But's is all good, still get to enjoy the dvd when I wanna. BTW, I really like Monica's "Uh Oh" song which is on the cd and is also the song Morris Brown's band performs at the end of the film.
:nod:

Re: Before anybody else says it....I already know....

Originally posted by SayWhat

I was looking at the deleted scenes and under the title "Battle of The Bands", if you click on it, you see some local lame-azz high school band, I think Harrison H.S. in Cobb County, and nobody else! I was like what the *****? But's is all good, still get to enjoy the dvd when I wanna. :nod:

You need to click the listen to the commentary and he explains why that band was filmed. He stated that they (movie studio) wanted to show more white folks (basically) in the band competition. He knew that it wasn't going to work and knew he would cut them from the final cut anyway, but did it to satisfy them.

Thanks for the explanation, Fiyah.
Cause you know a brotha got an attitude REAL QUICK as he fast-forwarded watching that crap. :redhot: Now, I have no need to go back and suffer through that again. Your explanation was more than enough.

:dizzy:

I enjoyed watching the movie initially. I am not sure if I will get the Dvd.

Back