Dr. Umar Johnson

#2 Documentary on DVD (#373 overall)

Dude has found a niche and is rolling in it all the way to the bank without the help of Hollywood

Exactly.

And the "family" support the dude.

Dude even gave props up to them brehs that bought the park in Memphis and got rid of them statues and he called out them fake feminists (maybe have been just one of them, IDK) who had a problem with those brothers buying the park. Like how you have an issue with black men buying land? smh

To be honest, i've wondered for the longest how you all actually took this dude seriously. Dude went to LaGrange last year and was charging like $50 a ticket to "help" black folks learn how to better themselves. And some of the things he say in his videos are laughable at best.

Sht's sad ,both brothers have good ideas about helping the community, this sht just looks sad on UMAR side. Tariq gets triggered very easily but the dude did nothing but either big up Umar or dismissed his shots that Umar threw at dude, how long can a man hold his tongue? And ppl know Tariq doesn't let stuff go, and

Umar won't give anybody proof that he's A. Got a Doctorate and B. The money the people donate to him is going to opening up a school. I respect Tariq a lot for what he

does for the community he speaks out about injustice and he also pays for funerals and donates to victims of police brutality. I also respect Umar for his thoughts

on the education system and the racism in it. Nobody wins when the family feuds

Is there an elder that has the respect of both of them? This needs to come to an end before unintended consequences arise. Maybe an elder each of them respects can get them to tone it down. Perhaps Dr. Claude Anderson or someone else they may have respect for.

Is there an elder that has the respect of both of them? This needs to come to an end before unintended consequences arise. Maybe an elder each of them respects can get them to tone it down. Perhaps Dr. Claude Anderson or someone else they may have respect for.
@LAW DAWG I just now noticed your sig, Cool! But I was thinking the exact same thing.

To be honest, i've wondered for the longest how you all actually took this dude seriously. Dude went to LaGrange last year and was charging like $50 a ticket to "help" black folks learn how to better themselves. And some of the things he say in his videos are laughable at best.

I don't take him serious. You can't preach black power and unity on one side of your moth and the other you attack the ones you don't care for. Nor encourage folks to not vote. How did that work out?

Two grown black man doing what Masta wants-fight each other while we pass laws to screw you over.

The elders have a lot of respect for Tariq, Claude Anderson was on his show and he was the 1st to get Dr. Claude's new book (which is good) Dr Francis Cressing taught Tariq a lot of things before she passed, he even paid for her funeral. Alot of the O.G. have tons of respect for Tariq and he respects them and he's always putting them in his films Hidden Colors.

I doubt Tariq tones it down now. He ignored dude many times.

I streamed and enjoyed 1804. It was packed with good information. I was really intrigued with how Haiti's economic situation has been sabotaged by foreign powers.

It was really good. Didn't know they use to bury black ppl in ant-pile and let the ants eat them.

Have you seen the Hidden Colors films?

It was really good. Didn't know they use to bury black ppl in ant-pile and let the ants eat them.

Have you seen the Hidden Colors films?
Of course I have. I was on them the minute they came out. And yeah that was torture. It is so messed up how people can be wrongfully enslaved, tortured, and then ridiculed when they want to be set free. But then again, it was Nelly Fuller who taught that if you don't understand white supremacy and how it works, anything else will confuse you.

Fortunately for me, a History Professor hipped me to Frances Cress Wesling, Fuller, Sharazod Ali, & other people from the documentaries back in the early 90s. The content was not all new to me. So what I found unique about the HC series is that it introduced those people to a whole new generation that was not familiar with their work. I had students that told me how much they learned and enjoyed the series. If anything HC helped others to find out who Umar was. And I thought he was a legit dude.

That's why the one thing that irks that hell out of me is Umar saying that he is the reason that HC was successful. That is so not true. That statement was so arrogant and disrespectful to everyone else that was involved. I'm telling you, the brother got to be losing his mind. He didn't come out that way when people first started checking him out.

The only thing that Umar got right was Tariq's chapstick...LOL. For some reason Tariq is obsessed with putting chapstick on his lips...HAHA.. I aint never seen a Black Man so obsessed with doing that...but other than that, Umar is full of ish and deserves to be put in check.

Last edited:

I watched Umar Johnson off and on. Some of these super Afrocentric types tend to lend too extremism and conspiratorial. He makes some very good points; however, his credibility is shot in my opinion. Flying across the country to do speeches is fine, but you have to produce something tangible at some point. I honestly believe there will never be any school coming from THIS dude because he is a fraud. Pure and simple.

giphy.webp

He doesn't wanna settle for an online school. I think he can give up on getting that school now with all this turmoil surrounding him unless he can convince some of these rappers or millionaires to chip in $1.5 million behind the scenes

Back