Dr. McClelleand's Ambitious Vision for SWAC

The swac is really on its way to FBS status. Keep up the great work to all SWAC member institutions...

View: https://twitter.com/jsubarstool/status/1311028345446957057?s=21

our schools have to keep steadily increasing budgets and making other preparations for that league-wide move up. It’s gonna be a process, but the steps are being made. The impact of adding FAMU and BCU are going to be felt more than just on the field, but at the negotiating tables McClelland will be at in the next few years.

I was just too out done when I found out that we wasn't making any money off the SCG in Houston. Dr. McClelleands is looking like the SWAC version of Obama. I really want to know what did Duer Sharp do for the SWAC. I hearing good things and a great vision from McClelland and he has only been the commissioner for 3 years. One thing I can say is that if the SWAC goes to FBS I can see 5 programs that will be in serious trouble.

(1) ULM - Louisiana-Monroe being FBS is the only thing that kept recruits going there instead of Grambling. Since ULM moved up to FBS in 1994 they have only had 1 winning season, four .500 seasons, and 21 losing seasons. But people want to clown Valley.

(2) Texas St. Texas St. moved up FBS in 2012 and only had 1 winning season and 1 500 season since then. Before they even moved up they was average to above average at best in the Southland. I don't see what recruiting advantage they would have over Prairie View.

(3) Louisiana Tech - They are a better program than ULM but Grambling is a nationally know program.

(4) ULL - Louisiana-Lafayette been doing good lately but with SU being FBS SU would have all of Central and South Louisiana locked down.

(5) USM - There is no way I could see a recruit picking USM over Jackson St. if the SWAC moves up If USM was the same program that they were over 10 years ago they would be in the AAC. Yet they are to the point where they can't win CUSA and they are letting other programs in the conference pass them by thinking their name is going to win them games and recruits..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I was just too out done when I found out that we wasn't making any money off the SCG in Houston. Dr. McClelleands is looking like the SWAC version of Obama. I really want to know what did Duer Sharp do for the SWAC. I hearing good things and a great vision from McClelland and he has only been the commissioner for 3 years. One thing I can say is that if the SWAC goes to FBS I can see 5 programs that will be in serious trouble.

(1) ULM - Louisiana-Monroe being FBS is the only thing that kept recruits going there instead of Grambling. Since ULM moved up to FBS in 1994 they have only had 1 winning season, four .500 seasons, and 21 losing seasons. But people want to clown Valley.

(2) Texas St. Texas St. moved up FBS in 2012 and only had 1 winning season and 1 500 season since then. Before they even moved up they was average to above average at best in the Southland. I don't see what recruiting advantage they would have over Prairie View.

(3) Louisiana Tech - They are a better program than ULM but Grambling is a nationally know program.

(4) ULL - Louisiana-Lafayette been doing good lately but with SU being FBS SU would have all of Central and South Louisiana locked down.

(5) USM - There is no way I could see a recruit picking USM over Jackson St. if the SWAC moves up If USM was the same program that they were over 10 years ago they would be in the AAC. Yet they are to the point where they can't win CUSA and they are letting other programs in the conference pass them by thinking their name is going to win them games and recruits..

Ironically, those programs are usually the culprits in snaking recruits from our schools. And you can probably add Tulane to that list as well.

Dr. McClelleands is looking like the SWAC version of Obama. I really want to know what did Duer Sharp do for the SWAC.

Dr Commish is SWAC life pedigree. Duer in my opinion did not have an understanding of HBCU Legacy

Dr. McClelleands is looking like the SWAC version of Obama. I really want to know what did Duer Sharp do for the SWAC.

Dr Commish is SWAC life pedigree. Duer in my opinion did not have an understanding of HBCU Legacy

Not a dam thing but put us in debt. I bet if Charles was in charge when the SCG came to Houston, there would have been a better contract made where the conference was making money and not throwing it away and we would still be playing it in NRG. Imagine the number of people in the stands there these last 2 years.

Those wannabe FBS teams rely on student fees way more than us and throws that FBS stuff in recruits faces when it’s time. They have decent facilities but most are habitual losers with weak bowl tie-ins. But some have worst facilities than hbcus but no one never says anything publicly

they want to be in the in crowd so bad they’ll overpay for FBS assistants (normally the young White OC) and copy everything the big state school does. The average student doesn’t care unless they can lure a Power 5 school in for a 6-for-1 lol

but they can kill us with that and usually the hbcu alum or black parents who thinks that’s prestigious willl go with it 98% of the time. Then when the kid graduates after 4 years of they distance themselves from those schools like a person with bad breath

Eastern Michigan and New Mexico State as well.

UConn and UMass as well. Add Charlotte to the list. Liberty will be there in a year or two

I wanna say schools like Tulsa and Tulane as well but I know they got long bread despite being small and private.

FACTS.. SU, GSU I feel especially in Louisiana are looked down on because they are FCS. I think a move to FBS would benefit them quicker then what a lot of people think. (ULM, ULL, )

But I will say this the vision of the SWAC is great, but truth be told the vision will only help a few SWAC members.. If we are building up to one-day go to FBS then I feel Not everyone will be on that boat.. A lot of our schools are just " happy" being in the SWAC because they get that advantage especially now with what the new commissioner is doing. Example.- Missouri and Vanderbilt in the SEC or Boston College in the ACC, but if today they were to be replace, just think how much money they would lose out of their budgets ... (TV Revenue )alone from being in the SEC or ACC gives them millions that they likely would never see being in another conference, and isn't BOWL revenue shared with all conference schools??

The point that I'm trying to make is that we know that not every SWAC school will move up, if that is the ultimate goal of the SWAC. Do these schools have a plan in place???

Last edited:
FACTS.. SU, GSU I feel especially in Louisiana are looked down on because they are FCS. I think a move to FBS would benefit them quicker then what a lot of people think.

But I will say this the vision of the SWAC is great, but truth be told the vision will only help a few SWAC members.. If we are building up to one-day go to FBS then I feel Not everyone will be on that boat.. A lot of our schools are just " happy" being in the SWAC because they get that advantage especially now with what the new commissioner is doing. Example.- Missouri and Vanderbilt in the SEC or Boston College in the ACC, but if today they were to be replace, just think how much they would lose out of TV Revenue alone from being in the SEC or ACC..

The point that I'm trying to make is that we know that not every SWAC school will move up, if that is the ultimate goal of the SWAC. Do these schools have a plan in place???
Great points. I think that the next 5 years will tell the tell. My study will tell it all. I want ALL schools in the SWAC to move up. My study was to tell everyone what their chances were of moving up. Every school in the SWAC needs to show improvement.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Their names are big but the main reason that they typically draw better recruits is they are white. (For lack of better rhetoric)
Those schools have a larger recruiting budget a more advantageous athletic funds source and larger School population.
We simply have to understand what puts us behind and overcome it.

Back