Dr. McClelland on Mike Prince Show

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hang in there, Valley. We @ PV understand wholeheartedly what you are enduring but you all were NEVER in our worst state and hopefully never will be.

McClelland basically gave Valley the PV blueprint in the interview. If they can focus on building up a couple of sports that would eventually go far like McClelland said. Lets keep it real...AAMU has one of the highest budgets in conference but they don't fare too much better than Valley as an athletic program (I'm going by commissioner's cup standings). Alcorn is near the bottom in terms of athletic budget, but the football program dominates the conference. That's a nice trade off. TxSU football is a dumpster fire all while having one of the highest budgets as well. I don't think ANYONE should be throwing stones at Valley.

McClelland basically gave Valley the PV blueprint in the interview. If they can focus on building up a couple of sports that would eventually go far like McClelland said. Lets keep it real...AAMU has one of the highest budgets in conference but they don't fare too much better than Valley as an athletic program (I'm going by commissioner's cup standings). Alcorn is near the bottom in terms of athletic budget, but the football program dominates the conference. That's a nice trade off. TxSU football is a dumpster fire all while having one of the highest budgets as well. I don't think ANYONE should be throwing stones at Valley.

we were 40 points ahead of Valley in the commish cup... number 6 when they were number 10... so yes we fared much better than Valley. Alcorn was in 9th place.

we were 40 points ahead of Valley in the commish cup... number 6 when they were number 10... so yes we fared much better than Valley. Alcorn was in 9th place.

I'm referring to the last full commissioner's cup standings (not this year's incomplete rankings) that showed AAMU,Alcorn, and Valley at the bottom of the conference.

also with the commish cup... its it really fair when track takes up 3 sports (cross country, indoor and outdoor)... if you don't have a good track program you will never win the commish cup... I don't even think we had a mens program recently. BTW... we kicked valley ass in every sport... we aint the same.

The commish didnt say that!

Also, yall acting like Valley can snap their fingers and increase their budget by 3 or 4 million. But yall gonna say im picking on Valley.

I'm referring to the last full commissioner's cup standings (not this year's incomplete rankings) that showed AAMU,Alcorn, and Valley at the bottom of the conference.

Alcorn is only good in football

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
bruh Valley is hurting in every sport.

Hurting in every sport but sure as hell managed to sweep AAMU in basketball with a first year coach and a mashup unit of players.

Completely shut down your (non mobile) NFL bound QB in the second half last year with your 1st team still in with a 2nd year coach. That DL that was 15th in FCS in sacks (only A&T finished higher among HBCUs) returns the leading sacker in the SWAC. We will see how much of a jump our freshman make to their sophomore year plus the JUCO fill in players

I'm a realistic but I'm sure as hell not dumb. By the way, AAMU with their $13 mil budget has an empty trophy case (pre-COVID) like Valley so I feel safe in saying that you in no position to have a "holier than thou" attitude towards Valley especially in basketball (enjoy sitting at home next year)

Last edited:
also with the commish cup... its it really fair when track takes up 3 sports (cross country, indoor and outdoor)... if you don't have a good track program you will never win the commish cup... I don't even think we had a mens program recently. BTW... we kicked valley ass in every sport... we aint the same.

Wow Dahill, I didn't know Valley swept you all in basketball.....LOL Did anyone tell The Oracle? LOL

MVSU
1593573495069.png
1593573534233.png

If a school goes 2-28 and those two wins came against your school in a Big 2 sport (with a almost 9 million dollar advantage) with a 1st year coach, I probably would refrain from speaking ill of said school.

Must you be so cruel? Did you not know that AAMU is "the basketball school?" LOL

With a budget of more than $17 Million, largest in SWAC, is PV satisfied with its athletic success?

Nope, we know that the money is not being spent reliably overall. This Covid is gonna hurt us overall as they are looking to cut 20% of the budget. We have 2 FBS schools on the schedule and losing those 2 games will affect the bottom line. Just looking down the line at our basketball teams schedule and funding they may miss this year.

Hurting in every sport but sure as hell managed to sweep AAMU in basketball with a first year coach and a mashup unit of players.

Completely shut down your (non mobile) NFL bound QB in the second half last year with your 1st team still in with a 2nd year coach. That DL that was 15th in FCS in sacks (only A&T finished higher among HBCUs) returns the leading sacker in the SWAC. We will see how much of a jump our freshman make to their sophomore year plus the JUCO fill in players

I'm a realistic but I'm sure as hell not dumb. By the way, AAMU with their $13 mil budget has an empty trophy case (pre-COVID) like Valley so I feel safe in saying that you in no position to have a "holier than thou" attitude towards Valley especially in basketball (enjoy sitting at home next year)
Congrats on beating a 2nd year coach starting 5 freshmen. I swear y'all get too emotional about hearing the truth. AAMU's low placement in commissioner's cup standings is largely due to the men's teams. However, the women's side has been top 4 in the SWAC on a consistent basis.

The difference between Valley and the rest athletics' departments is undeniable. Not doubting that Valley can get there, but their path is gonna be harder and longer than PV's was. PV struggled with a commitment to athletics, but they had good infrastructure and alumni support. Valley dosn't really have that. Their new arena was a great addition, but after that, what else is there? Serious question.

Back