Dowell Taylor Is The New Band Director at NC A&T.

That would be a classic halftime, a Dowell Taylor directed NC A&T going up against the "Sonic Boom". :flamethro

Donovan Wells Of Bcc Is The New Band Director At Nc&t

I heard that today from some band staff members. I heard he took it as early as thursday that just passed. SO we will be hearing from NCA&T soon!

If this skit is true ....................... the sonic boom will be in trouble! Just information from one Dowell Taylor project to those that may end up on the other side of his wrath!

NC A&T will be no doubt one of the strongest bands in the land after he is through drillling them day and night.

I can hear him now "Do it again!" "Stop!" "Do it again!" "Stop!" "Do it again" "Stop!" "Son where are you from? Do you want to take your azz back there?" "Do it again!"

:uhoh:

TPII

Jesus,

I hope he does go to A & T. The program there will certainly benefit from his years of experience. Mr. Taylor will no doubt be a remarkable replacement for Dr. Hodges

I have seen this band in the early 90s and they sounded good as hell. They have JSU's marching style and to be honest with you, Based on the tapes I have seen of them from the past, That would have been a band that I would march in. I haven't heard from them recently though. 95 was the last year I saw a tape of them. DT will take a good band to a whole nother level. You better believe it. They better get ready to not go to sleep. lol

Originally posted by BLUEBENGAL
It's just a rumor. :nod2:

Bengal,

I don't think they heard you....... :shame:

But since we're postulating, I'll play along. I don't think there's ANY truth to that rumor. Besides, why would he leave Jackson and go to Norfolk anyway? He's from Jackson, and his family's here. He built a house here a few years ago (that he prolly ain't through paying for). He's been at JSU since '84 and this year (2003) would make at least 19 years at JSU. Now, why throw that (tenure) away to start over somewhere else. He's also a realtor, with a good-sized 'Book of Business'. He's also an accomplished and extremely popular musician, playing for churches and other functions around the metro-area on a steady basis. He prolly makes more money from his 'other' stuff than he does from JSU. So, why would he leave? I wouldn't.

This thread: :topic:

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90

1. Besides, why would he leave Jackson and go to Norfolk anyway?
2. He's from Jackson, and his family's here.
3. He built a house here a few years ago (that he prolly ain't through paying for).
4. He's been at JSU since '84 and this year (2003) would make at least 19 years at JSU.
5. Now, why throw that (tenure) away to start over somewhere else.
6. He's also a realtor, with a good-sized 'Book of Business'.
7. He's also an accomplished and extremely popular musician, playing for churches and other functions around the metro-area on a steady basis.
8. He prolly makes more money from his 'other' stuff than he does from JSU. So, why would he leave?

Those reason don't seem like to much to lock someone in unless he is really old.
1. change of location...after all it is Mississippi
2. Family's relocate
3. houses can be sold
4. maybe just being in the music dept. is not enough
5. maybe he wants to head band director again.
6. the means he can work anywhere.
7. that means he can play anywhere.
8. that means he can make more money if the job offers more plus his side hustle(s). MAYBE HE WANTS TO BE HEAD BAND DIRECTOR AGAIN!!!!!

Just my opinion!!!!

Originally posted by COACH

Those reason don't seem like to much to lock someone in unless he is really old.
4. maybe just being in the music dept. is not enough
5. maybe he wants to head band director again.
6. the means he can work anywhere.
7. that means he can play anywhere.
8. that means he can make more money if the job offers more plus his side hustle(s). MAYBE HE WANTS TO BE HEAD BAND DIRECTOR AGAIN!!!!!

Just my opinion!!!!

The problem with this argument is time. Believe me, if he were to choose to be the Band Director ANYWHERE, the time available to hold those outside interests will be SIGNIFICANTLY curtailed.

I wonder what Dowell Taylor thinks of the "Sonic Boom" under the direction of Dr. Lewis Liddell?

Back