Donnie McClurkin goes-off on the Church

That cat ain't right...
Dude would stand in front church and call all the members who didn't pay their tithes or didn't pay enough... and read out their W2s in front the whole congregation..smh

That whole church should have jumped ship after that B.S. but you know these cats usually have a mouth piece to make other fok feel guilty ....

From what my dad told me (r.i.p.) Morton felt the church wasn't growing fast enough for him..Before dude died...Soon as Morton took charge... He went to making all kind of land deals and growing his congregation.

I just think something ain't right when a Pastor main goal is to have a LARGE congregation.. I mean there is a church damn near on every street corner down here.. So in a way it comes off as selfish...

WOW! :eek:

I've heard of other pastors doing the W2 thing before...don't know how true it is but that's the day my membership would have been cancelled, cuz I would have never returned to the church.

Shid me to.. if I paid what ever percentage my dumbass was paying... that would have been the day I ask for all my damn money back...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Yeah... that's how he mysteriously took over....

It was a big story in the paper back when it happened..

Hey, I think what happen exactly what you thinking.. This guy had to be in his late 60's or 70's at the time.

Percy Simpson was his name I believe...not exactly sure... It

WOW!!!..of course I never knew that, but as far as the article, good stuff McClurkin!!..

I don't think the W2 thing I true... I used to go to GSS when I was at Dillard my freshman year and never saw anything like that.

Most of these pastor folk do have their own studios and lables...Well the ones we are talking about..
Paul Morton does... Dude had a million dollar studio before Katrina....

But if you from New Orleans.. you KNOW he used his congregation for damn near everything...

And if they don't have their own studio.. that is the upfront cost for someone that's not signed to a lable...

Where the company trust you enough to let you pay if off through shows and records sells.. that's one thing... But these pastors going in the studio with stacks ...

Exactly, I know a lady up here who did a live recording about a year ago and production costs have really delayed the release. Don't know how much she owes but it must be a lot more than she expected.

:retard:
Why?

southsuburbs i keep asking ASU questions and he never responds; i asked about that comment he made about how should a man get pleasure if his wife wont do it. NO RESPONSE. He said it was hyprocisy in that other thread. NO RESPONSE. Im starting to see a trend

I don't think the W2 thing I true... I used to go to GSS when I was at Dillard my freshman year and never saw anything like that.

It happened man.. My crab bro. and close friend till this day left Greater St. Stephens because of it..

He don't do it often... but it had to have been when he felt like he wasn't getting enough money from his congregation. That ain't no rumor members of his church or former members at that time will tell you.

Exactly, I know a lady up here who did a live recording about a year ago and production costs have really delayed the release. Don't know how much she owes but it must be a lot more than she expected.

Yeah.. man I guess some folk think all you need is lunch money to release an album....lol

southsuburbs i keep asking ASU questions and he never responds; i asked about that comment he made about how should a man get pleasure if his wife wont do it. NO RESPONSE. He said it was hyprocisy in that other thread. NO RESPONSE. Im starting to see a trend

Thanks for the heads-up!! I will ignore his posts from now on...b/c what he said makes absolutely no sense!

Ask Crit about the book.

Depends if you self-publish or sign a contract with either a small independent press or traditional/mainstream publisher.
If you self-publish, it's whatever you put into the book to produce it. It's your investment.

Small press/mainstreams, no out of pocket. Depending on the company, you'll get an advance. And you're in the negative until your book sales put you back in the black.

And good word from Donnie! :tup: Folks can say what they want about Donnie. I saw him preach live at a church convocation. That man was the truth on wanting to get young folks saved-- at least THAT DAY I saw him.

Last edited:
There are a couple of churches here that want to see your W-2...:retard:

Paul Morton's dad's church, Mt. Zion Intl COGIC was at the corner of our block. In fact, it was just torn down this summer. When I was a kid, Bishop C. L. Morton (Paul's dad) was over the jurisdiction for this area. I was in jr high school when he died and folks came from everywhere. You could barely drive down Woodward on the North End that day...

Here is some footage from his funeral - some of you won't even recognize the clothes...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osFpJmc-8xY

There are a couple of churches here that want to see your W-2...:retard:

Paul Morton's dad's church, Mt. Zion Intl COGIC was at the corner of our block. In fact, it was just torn down this summer. When I was a kid, Bishop C. L. Morton (Paul's dad) was over the jurisdiction for this area. I was in jr high school when he died and folks came from everywhere. You could barely drive down Woodward on the North End that day...

Here is some footage from his funeral - some of you won't even recognize the clothes...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osFpJmc-8xY

That's how all 3 of Paul Morton's churches were.... he would cause a HUGE traffic jam on what ever street his church were on...

We used to set our moring schedule around Paul Morton's crowd.....lol Like I said when I was growing up, my house was 3 blocks from his New Orleans East Church... which was his biggest church out the 3..

But if they were doing the W2 isht out there... that's exactly where Paul Morton got that BS from.... that in itself tell you it ain't nothing made up...lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Disclaimer: This message is only to those who believe in the one and only true God, the God who provided the Saviour (Jesus Christ).

This is all most of us on here been saying....

I for the life of me can't understand why it is so hard for our people to see many of these folks are only using them..

Good stuff McClurkin

:tup:

Because they seek that which they want and desire.

2 Timothy 4:3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Time is not coming ..... it has come.

Good Day and God Bless
The time is now...

Disclaimer: This message is only to those who believe in the one and only true God, the God who provided the Saviour (Jesus Christ).

Because they seek that which they want and desire.

2 Timothy 4:3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Time is not coming ..... it has come.

Good Day and God Bless
The time is now...

You are absolutely right!

Even when you turn on the TV.. the sermon is always about "Wealth".."Seed"...."There is money in the mouth of the prophet"....

They make these announcements about sista' such and such receiving her blessings (money, house, car)

It's sad and sickening to me.... Church should not be about that.....imo

Donnie McClurkin needs to go back into his closet and pray.

For what?...telling the truth. He is correct. 100% correct. Some of these preachers are pimping the church folk. Why do you think there are so many women in the church? Because a lot of women like preachers and some of them will do whatever a preacher ask of them. I agree with Donnie to the max.

Last edited:
I can't get with the whole W-2 deal at the church. The day the any church finance committee ask me to give them a copy of my check stub or W-2...I'm walking out the same door I came in & NEVER returning. That makes no sense to me at all. What do you need to see my money for? As long as a tithing envelope with my name & $ amount is on it, you hursh!

I can't get with the whole W-2 deal at the church. The day the any church finance committee ask me to give them a copy of my check stub or W-2...I'm walking out the same door I came in & NEVER returning. That makes no sense to me at all. What do you need to see my money for? As long as a tithing envelope with my name & $ amount is on it, you hursh!

:clap:Agree...the Wise will FLEE..

There are three possible reasons why people may accept or even promote this practice:

1. Stupidity (Simple Minded/Ignorant)

Stupidity in believing that their job is to do all Church leadership tells them to do. I heard a Pastor say once that to go against the Pastor is like going against God. A simple reading of the scripture would clear up this matter; for we should only follow man, only as man follows God.

1 Corinthians 11:1. Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Proverbs 14:15. The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

2. Pride:

I make big bucks and I want the world to know it. There is nothing God hates more than Pride (the original sin).

Proverbs 16:5 Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

There are too many scriptures on pride to post.

3. Greed:

These Church leaders want to know how much its members make to be in a better position to shake them down. This also shows a lack of faith in God to provide their needs and this practice reveals this Church primary concern. The weightier matters are lost “Judgment, Mercy, and Faithâ€￾; this is actually implying that this Church is more concerned about what you pay than your salvation. Judgment, Mercy and Faith is the essence of Salvation. Giving is only an act of works no man is saved by works. This act of Greed totally ignores Matthew 6:1-5.

Matthew 23:23. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

God will have the final say with those who request W-2s.

2 Peter 2:3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Conclusion

We should not be angry when we see things such as this for this too is a blessing; God has allowed this sinful practice to be Clear. God also stated that a little leaven leavens the whole lump. The little leaven here is the tithes, which is not Biblical for the Church. Given that we tolerate commandment for tithing we must deal with the fruit it will produce. The W-2 seekers are only trying to force at minimum the 10%; unless we first address the source of sin we will never be able to eradicate the sin.

1 Corinthians 5:6. Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Good Day and God Bless

Back