Does the NCAA's Threat to California Schools' Championship Access Hold Up?

You didn't even read the bill huh? LOL Schools wouldn't be paying the players.
That is not necessarily true.
Couldn't a school enter a contract with a player to sell t-shirts and jerseys with the player's name and/or picture on it?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I believe this was done for 2 reasons...
1. To get college sports video games back on the market (EA Sports and 2k Sports are both headquartered in California)
2. To get to force the NCAA into adopting a similar policy before the law actually goes into effect in 2023.

If you really think about it, very few student athletes have a big enough market to profit off things like jersey sales, etc. Will not be as big of an impact as a lot of people think.

Also... it would be helpful if folks actually read the damn legislation and stop flying off the handle first...

Alright EA Sports! Give me my game back!

That's the only a major of our athletes will set a check although stars could possibly get dollars from local companies (like someone at Valley could get a deal from Cannon (one of the bigger dealerships in the state based in Greenwood))

That's the only a major of our athletes will set a check although stars could possibly get dollars from local companies (like someone at Valley could get a deal from Cannon (one of the bigger dealerships in the state based in Greenwood))

"If there ain't another pimp in the country, there's still gonna be some mufuggin' hoes, hoe-in..."

Back