Does Anyone On This Board Own....

I am in the market for one of these myself or at least something where I can easily move what I record to a DVD.

Killer Bees said:
I am in the market for one of these myself or at least something where I can easily move what I record to a DVD.

I was cruising through SEAR this past weekend and I saw these little rascals on display.

...was planning to start shopping for cam-corders soon. So I assume they use mini-dvd's right? When I start researching this like I did with my digital camera I'll post some of the picks I come up with.

I was cruising through SEAR this past weekend and I saw these little rascals on display.

What much is the cost range on them?

If they use mini-DVD disc, how do you transfer them to the regular DVD disc?

Killer Bees said:
What much is the cost range on them?

If they use mini-DVD disc, how do you transfer them to the regular DVD disc?

I take it dvd players don't play mini-dvd's?????? I guess I'll but my gamecube disc in the dvd player and see what happen :lol:

If I were you I would wait before I bought a dvd-camcorder. those mini dvd's are expensive and hold less than a regualr dvd. You should be able to play the mini-dvd in most dvd players. I am waiting for them to come out with a full-size dvd camcorder. You would be wise to get a digital camcorder and buy a dvd recorder. They are costing about $188 to $268.00+ in walmart.

I own one of these DVD cams and I love it. I film everything and pop it straight in the DVD player. Mines work well so far, I have not had problems with it and I bought it in Jan. of this year.Now I will agree with Mach that it doesn't record long only about 30 minutes of stuff. You can buy the DVD-rw or DVD-r disk though.

CEE DOG said:
I own one of these DVD cams and I love it. I film everything and pop it straight in the DVD player. Mines work well so far, I have not had problems with it and I bought it in Jan. of this year.Now I will agree with Mach that it doesn't record long only about 30 minutes of stuff. You can buy the DVD-rw or DVD-r disk though.

Perfect!!! The motion picture camera Panaflex(a $400,000 camera) films only for 10 minutes of 400' feet of film. I can definitely live with 30 minutes recording time. I think I will be purchasing one of these;but it will have to be a Panasonic. :hat:

I own a camcorder that stores its movies on a MiniDV. I have the software that allows me to transfer it to my computer and edit the movie, THEN I can create a DVD.

I have recorded all of my daughters basketball games onto DVD this way. Its great and inexpensive.

Camcorder $350
DVD Burner $79.00
Software: FREE!!

Back