Does anybody know the name.....

SLT

of the R&B/Blues singer who sits in a big chair that looks like a king's throne. He is a heavy set man and he also has a cane that is very ornamental.

I can't for the life of me think of his name!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Ice Man said:
You could be talking about Ron Isley, A.K.A. Mr. Biggs.

Thanks Ice Man, but that's not who I was referring to. I seen this guy singing on the Wayne Brady show one day as I was flipping through the channels.

SLT said:
Thanks Ice Man, but that's not who I was referring to. I seen this guy singing on the Wayne Brady show one day as I was flipping through the channels.
:topic:

Wayne Brady show!!!
:lol:

THAMES said:
SLT,

What was he singing? That might help.

:bawling: I don't know because that was my first time seeing this guy. It just the fact that I have been trying to describe this man to an co-worker and I can't remember his name!

SLT said:
:bawling: I don't know because that was my first time seeing this guy. It just the fact that I have been trying to describe this man to an co-worker and I can't remember his name!
awww SLT it's hopeless, we need some more clues. :D

I know who you are talking about. I think his name is King-somebody or Prince-somebody. He's a big guy, been singing for years...?

Red1 said:
I know who you are talking about. I think his name is King-somebody or Prince-somebody. He's a big guy, been singing for years...?

WE HAVE IGNITION!! :jump:

THAT'S IT! KING WHO THOUGH?? :D

Legend35 said:
Was he singing Blues?
Who is King Oliver?
King Curtis is no longer with us.

Sorry Legend....:wavey: Those are not correct. But thanks anyhoo! :kiss:

When I saw him he was dressed in a white suit and hat with a big fancy throne-like chair. He had flashy jewelry and a very fancy cane that he rested on when he sang.

It's King somebody. Where's Mighty Dog? He may know who I'm talking about. :D

KOOP63 said:
Is it Solomen Burke?

That's it Koop! :jump:

I was just getting ready tell ya'll I found it!

solomonburke4.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Legend35 said:
I know Solomon. I didn't know he went by King Solomon. :cool:

I thought he did because he was sitting on a throne.

My bad. :blush:

I was wondering why you didn't know who I was talking about, being the music aficionado(sp) that you are. ;)

What gave me a tip was Red1 saying something about King and that made me think of King Solomon.

Thanks Red1!! And Happy Birthday girlie! :jump:

That's what I love about this page. :tup: You can always count on learning something.

Somebody, somewhere will have little tidbits of info. When I want to know what's going on, I come out here. If ya'll don't know, nobody knows!! :D

Carry on. :)

Back