Do you have a work spouse?

ToPdOg

A work spouse is a co-worker, usually of the opposite sex, with whom one shares a special relationship, having bonds similar to those of a marriage; such as, confidences, loyalties, shared experiences, and a degree of honesty or openness. The work spouse is a potentially key relationship when one's actual spouse or boyfriend/girlfriend is not able to be there.

Do you have a work spouse? Do you see anything wrong with having one?

Men and women are naturally connected to each other. Sometimes it just turns out this way. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yes, I do.

The funny thing is she is so much like the ex. Of course I haven't told her that .... :)

I wouldn't call him a work spouse, but we talk often (cubicle next to mine). He loves to hear about my male encounter stories. :lol: He's not gay (47, married 12 years with a kid), but he feels like a friendgirl.

Technically yes, officially no.

I tell that lady a lot of stuff. She has never shown any interest in me and I hope she never. Talking with them everyday, I honestly can say I see her like one of the homies.

I had one I called my work-boyfriend. We talked all the time and would vent to each other about work and personal things. We also hung out with our significant others as well. And when either of us was single, we'd be the other's +1. We're still good friends.

That is why they are your work spouse. You ain't dornking them bruh. :lol: Just good friends. :lol:
Technically yes, officially no.

I tell that lady a lot of stuff. She has never shown any interest in me and I hope she never. Talking with them everyday, I honestly can say I see her like one of the homies.

Got a couple of them. Been working together for years. No choice but to become good friends. They come and go. Most have become friends with the wife.

Never ever. :tup: Anglo male dominated paradigm and I dare N-O-T ever try to befriend one of these klan muthafuggas. :lol: I look @ & treat them just like they're computers/corp rescs I access, a corporate resource. :read: :bowdown: :tup:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yeah I do and have in the past.... Its all innocent......

Hell we all spend many hours of the day together.. so work relationships are a given.

I'm wondering something....if you and your work spouse get "divorced", do you split all the post it notes, paper clips and other office supplies in half?

HA!!!

CT will probably say she should get HALF ya vacation days
half ya 401k
and half ya future earnings from your next job

:lol:

I think this label is totally fould when one person is married and the other is single. My old boss was a single female, and she had two (married) work husbands. They lunched often and the men did different tasks as she asked around the office. Totally not cool in my book.

Nope...don't have a work spouse. Why does it have to carry such a name though? I guess...if the shoe fits....

My homie says you can always tell who the hoes are @ work.

He says;

it's the ones you see @ quiting time always gathered up in the parking lot
standing around yacking.

The ones in the morning, you almost have a wreck with because they
on the damn cell phone not paying attention

The ones in the evening, you almost have a wreck with because they
on the damn cell phone not paying attention

The ones that stay logged into facebook all day

Yep. I have two one who works in the field with me and one in the DC office. The one who works in the field is a fool who keeps me laughing. He is such a whore it makes no sense but he is my buddy. I stay keeping him out of trouble with the ladies.

These chicks here at work take real good care of me.... Food and otherwise... So I dont complain....

Back