Do you have a work spouse?

Yes. I've had a work wife before. It was a great experience but also a dangerous one. If we weren't committed to ours, we would've been together. But we never crossed that line. She & I were so close, even the students at the school were saying we were bf/gf. Lol

I think this label is totally fould when one person is married and the other is single. My old boss was a single female, and she had two (married) work husbands. They lunched often and the men did different tasks as she asked around the office. Totally not cool in my book.

I don't believe my situation is foul. She and I simply work well together. We're like Yin and Yang. Her strengths compliment my weaknesses and my strengths compliment her weaknesses. We take care of each other, cover for each other and are simply more productive by working together than we would be if worked apart.

Her man knows that we work closely together. Actually, I took them out to dinner a few days ago. He's been over to my house several times. My relationship with her is totally professional and platonic. She and I have actually discussed other people that we know who have destroyed their business relationship and their marriage by taking it to the next level. She doesn't know that it's easy for me to keep it platonic with her because she has small children and I have no desire to do the kids thing again. She and those kids can stay with that man. :lol:

Seriously, there's nothing foul about our relationship. Other people often mention how good of a team we are. However, the relationship is strictly professional although we take care of each other in the business sense like I assume a husband and wife would.

:)

Yeah kinda, nothing foul though. She's not physically my type at all. But we are close friends, work well together and push one another.

Yes, I did and I do. And no, I would highly recommend not getting anywhere near involved with them.

First was a young lady, same age, who was also in a relationship when i was in my previous one. She knew my girl and everything. They were so close that one day, my girl told me "if anything ever happened to me, i would be okay with you dating _____." Fast forward two years .... Me and my girl break up because she didn't know what she wanted and i wanted to be married. Work wife was now single .... That didn't end well. We are just getting back to being friends even though she no longer works here.

Next one .... older lady, nice looking too. My friend jumped on her, they had fun, I was single and looking. We were still cool at work until those two acted like an ass to each other. Then, she took time off from work for personal matters ...

Current one .... older lady as well, hell same age as the previous. Cool as hell, talks about anything and keeps me in line about these "young thangs" (her words). She is so cool that she agreed to letting the previous one be my "work mistress" as long as she was the wife.

Of course, they have both met the girlfriend and know where my mind is. They are good people though. I almost messed up with the first older lady .... off a breakup, nice looking older lady who is looking for some attention .... I almost ... woo.

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/10/work-spouse-harmless-or-emotional-cheating/

Work Spouse: Harmless…or Emotional Cheating?
October 9, 2012 by Krystal Glass

Are you hip to the terms: work-wife, work-husband, work-boyfriend, or work-girlfriend? Well brace yourself… having a Work Spouse is becoming quite the norm in the workplace. Some consider it an innocent term used to identify a coworker of the opposite sex whom shares great workplace synergy. Most work spouses are developed based on a number of factors including: how well you work with an individual in the workplace, personality traits, or just plain chemical attraction (i.e. if you mesh well together). Work spouses do everything from collaborate on projects to picking up medicine if their “spouse” becomes sick on the job. A work spouse is considered a non-sexual relationship shared by co-workers of the opposite sex. There are many relationship similarities in having a work spouse. The prime example is choosing your work spouse. Much like courting in a real relationship work spouses are selected and exclusive to only one partner (one work spouse at a time). It’s a mutually agreed relationship.

Wikipedia takes it a step further and characterizes a work spouse relationship as “A potentially key relationship when one’s actual spouse or boy/girlfriend is not able to be there.”

I had a close friend at my old job that everyone swore up and down that we were dating. It was never anything like that and we disputed the whole notion of work spouses. I think that it could be dangerous if you start embracing that title if you are with another.

no...my old boss used to say I was his work wife...but after he threw me under the bus...I'm sure I left him quicker than his 2 ex wives...He still comes around trying to joke...but I don't fool with him too much. He is in withdrawal...but he is more than welcome to get another "me". I don't want half of nothing from him...:lol:

Interesting thread bump.

The one that I referred to as my work wife earlier, I had to let her go because she started to blur the line between business and personal.

At this stage of the game for me, it's all business. We worked well together, but you can't forget that it's business and not personal.

Poor thing still doesn't know why I took all of my business and gave it to a woman old enough to be my mama. :shame:

The work wife thing sounds cool, but, like any relationship, can quickly go awry when someone doesn't know or respect boundaries.

JMHO

Back