Do you believe there is life on other planets?

40 light years is a really long ways away, the question is if we found life elsewhere are they still there now because we looking at their planet from years ago. Plus if we went there humans would be gone before you could get back here

40 light years is a really long ways away, the question is if we found life elsewhere are they still there now because we looking at their planet from years ago. Plus if we went there humans would be gone before you could get back here
No way current humans could get there with current or proposed technology. It would take generations.

I might sound crazy, but I do believe there is life on other planets. There has to be other forms of life on some of the planets.

Last edited:
I say like this ...

God created sooooo much life here on just this one planet in just this one solar system. Just imagine what God did with an entire universe.
It's arrogant to think that we're alone in the universe.

I say like this ...

God created sooooo much life here on just this one planet in just this one solar system. Just imagine what God did with an entire universe.
It's arrogant to think that we're alone in the universe.

It would be interesting to see how organized religion would re-act to that discovery when everything they are teaching doesnt account for other life forms on other planets. It'll probably get swept under the rug like the dinosaurs

I think the most likely way to determine if there is intelligent life in that or any other star system of planets will be through Radio communications or laser encoded messages sent in the direction and received by those beings similar to the work that the SETI Institute is doing. With this method it would take about 40 years for our signals to reach those intelligent being in this particular Star system and the same time frame for us to receive their response. So we're looking at an 80 year time frame to say "Hello" and to get a response. Not a long time at all in terms of Humans or Space-Time.

It would be interesting to see how organized religion would re-act to that discovery when everything they are teaching doesnt account for other life forms on other planets. It'll probably get swept under the rug like the dinosaurs

Any true discovery of other sentient life out there will basically disrupt all organized religion (especially the Big 3 of Christianity, Islam and Judiasm).

Meanwhile, aboriginal peoples from around the world have always kept it in their worship that they were descended from some kind of "star people".

Anyone with common sense who believes in God has enough brains to know life exists outside of earth. How could one believe God is all knowing and the creator believe he just put it on earth?

Any true discovery of other sentient life out there will basically disrupt all organized religion (especially the Big 3 of Christianity, Islam and Judiasm).

Meanwhile, aboriginal peoples from around the world have always kept it in their worship that they were descended from some kind of "star people".

Anyone with common sense who believes in God has enough brains to know life exists outside of earth. How could one believe God is all knowing and the creator believe he just put it on earth?

I fully agree with you.

Got a good one for you @Founder, what if we, humans, ARE the aliens to begin with. The dinosaurs were here first, so how is it our ancestors didn't just nuke them with advanced weaponry so that we could inhabit this planet?

I mean they still can't figure out how the Pyramids of Gaza were built so the technology could have been there and taken away.

Back