Do Women Have The Right To Preach

Considering it for a few minutes, I attribute in part to three factors.

1. When religious authorities convened at the Council of Nicea, 325 AD, they chose thirteen of Paul's epistles/letters to compose nearly half of the New Testament.

2. Paul's missionary zeal, and his willingness to teach the gospel to gentile/pagan nations. He was willing to put in the work, and go into all nations whether they were receptive or very hostile of his teachings. The other apostles only wanted to teach the gospel to Jews.

3. Third, and the most important, I believe it was divinely inspired. Paul/Saul's christophany experience on the Damascus road, the protection and numerous times the Lord rescued/delivered him from harrowing circumstances, his zeal to teach the gospel at risk of great harm, even death. Also, his eventual murder which led to his martyrdom in christianity.
Thank you for your response to the question.

Thank you for your response to the question.
You're welcome, I was glad to help. When it's all said done, I believe most of us are just trying to do the best we can as we hold fast to our faith.

Something to keep in mind is the bible has been translated into three major languages over the course of world history. In chronological order as it occurred Hebrew, Greek, Latin and in this current space and time multiple languages. As a result, there are things that have gotten lost in translation and there are some words in the languages previously mentioned that have no equivalent English counterpart. Yet, the scriptures remain profitable and edifying.

With that said, keep the faith and keep believing.

God bless!

Last edited:

Who told Timothy about Jesus Christ?
Timothy was a young man of deep faith, by reputation, before he and Paul became acquainted. His Jewish-Christian grandmother Lois and his Jewish-Christian mother Eunice taught him about Jesus the Christ as a child. Paul, the writer of 2 Timothy, acknowledges and reveals that in a commendable way. Luke, the author of Acts, wrote and revealed about Timothy's reputation as a sincere believer.

Let's read what the scripture actually says:

5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. ~ 2 Timothy 1:5

Paul remembers Timothy's unfeigned faith. Unfeigned faith that his grandmother had. Unfeigned faith that his mother also had.

Nothing in that scripture gives women the right to preach.

At best, Timothy's mother and grandmother did what good parents and grandparents have done for ages.

"Train up a child in the way he should go ...." ~ Proverbs 22:6

".... bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." ~ Ephesians 6:4

Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it women who came and spread the word about Christ had risen from the grave?
Yes, but many biblical scholars have argued that the occurrence should be viewed as the women simply relaying an eyewitness account of what they saw (because they were there) instead of being used to justify women having authority to preach.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it women who came and spread the word about Christ had risen from the grave?
There is nothing to correct. Women were the first humans to deliver the good news/gospel to other humans/disciples. In the John's account of the gospel Jesus appears and speaks to Mary of Magdalene specifically, and she recognizes it is the Lord speaking to her without him revealing it to her first.

Last edited:
Yes, but many biblical scholars have argued that the occurrence should be viewed as the women simply relaying an eyewitness account of what they saw (because they were there) instead of being used to justify women having authority to preach.
If that is what some of them are claiming, and I have no reason to believe it's not, then in my opinion that is an over-simplification of the gospel accounts and what they convey with regard to those women.

The women were following through on what they were instructed to do by angels in some gospel accounts and Jesus in one of them. It is important to realize how their faith led to their obedience to inform the disciples of what they not only saw, but also heard and as mentioned were instructed to do.

It was by lack of faith and disobedience that mankind fell into condemnation (Adam). In contrast it is by faith and obedience that mankind received the grace of salvation (Christ). With that said, if the actions of those women resembled the actions of the former instead of the latter then we're only left with our imaginations on what the consequences of such actions would have been for mankind.

No sir, those women were not simply relaying an eyewitness account. They were sent to share/spread the good news/gospel.

If that is what some of them are claiming, and I have no reason to believe it's not, then in my opinion that is an over-simplification of the gospel accounts and what they convey with regard to those women.

The women were following through on what they were instructed to do by angels in some gospel accounts and Jesus in one of them. It is important to realize how their faith led to their obedience to inform the disciples of what they not only saw, but also heard and as mentioned were instructed to do.

It was by lack of faith and disobedience that mankind fell into condemnation (Adam). In contrast it is by faith and obedience that mankind received the grace of salvation (Christ). With that said, if the actions of those women resembled the actions of the former instead of the latter then we're only left with our imaginations on what the consequences of such actions would have been for mankind.

No sir, those women were not simply relaying an eyewitness account. They were sent to share/spread the good news/gospel.

17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: ~ Ephesians 4:17-18

Back