Do Muslims believe Muhammad is divine?

Seeing Spots

Joyful Woman!
Or was he merely a man, chosen by Allah, to spread the Islamic faith?

If he is a divine manisfestation, please cite passage(s) in the the Qu'ran that support that assertion.

BTW, I didn't have to say who this question was directed to...our "resident" Muslim. :D

Seeing Spots said:
Do Muslims believe Muhammad is divine?
Heck NO

The biggest sin one can commit is to say, hint, think, write, et cetera that anyone/anything other than God is divine

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Because the content is displeasing.

If you did a thread talking about my going to hell with gasoline draws, I'd rate it terrible, not because I don't like you, but because I found your thread to be an egregious affront to my sensibilities.

Vinita said:
Because the content is displeasing.

If you did a thread talking about my going to hell with gasoline draws, I'd rate it terrible, not because I don't like you, but because I found your thread to be an egregious affront to my sensibilities.
Okay that's your answer, not Hassan's? And after re-reading my question to him I don't think my question or manner in which I approached him was was egregious at all. We have been engaged in serious discourse about our faiths for about a week.

Muhammad (PBUH) is not considered divine. As I've read recently - and it answers your question:

Although we may never have thought about it, most of us imagine that Islam is like Christianity in that Muhammad is like Jesus and the Qur'an is like the Bible. A book and a guy equals a book and a guy, right? Wrong. Unlike Jesus, Muhammad is considered to be just a man?not a corporeal representation of God. The humanity of Muhammad is central to Islam. If we look in the Qur'an (3:143) we see that "?Muhammad is but a messenger. Messengers have already passed away before him." The implication is that even messengers of God?Moses, Jesus, or Muhammad?come and go, but God remains forever.

So Muhammad was merely a man. Or was he? Most Muslims consider him to be a perfect man?and many attribute miraculous deeds to him. He is considered the model by which pious Muslims should conduct their lives, and records of his sayings and deeds have an important place in Islamic practice.Yet, Muslims do not worship Muhammad in the way that Christians worship Jesus.

Here's the tricky part. In a very real way, the Qur'an equals Jesus to Muslims. Book equals guy. The Qur'an is the literal, infallible word of God, and thus the Divine representation on Earth, much as Jesus is to Christians. Muhammad did not write or dictate the Qur'an?it was merely passed through him by the angel Gabriel from God.​

Back