Do band directors work the section they played in harder than others??

DonGiovonni

Helpin U Breathe Easier
I think one of the reasons that Pine Bluff's woodwind section is good because, Graham played Sax so he works his woodwinds harder than others. He makes sure thay play everything correctly, from intonation to timing to sound quality on down, and teaches the rest of the band some things and leaves the rest up to the Section leader, but remains dedicated to his Saxes, B-tops and Piccs. Do your Band director do the same, or is he Non-Bias and works with everyone just the same????

"TRIPLE 6"
D.G."U KNOW MY"Steez

Well, if you're a crab trumpet at the "U"....if Doc snatches your trumpet, and tries to play on it, consider yourself "worked".

:lol:

Re: Re: Do band directors work the section they played in harder than others??

Originally posted by O'Bladerunner
Well, if you're a crab trumpet at the "U"....if Doc snatches your trumpet, and tries to play on it, consider yourself "worked".

Yuck, I hate when he used to do that..... Spitting all in your mouth piece and shat........The smell of cigarette creaping threw the horn....:mad:

Then he has the nerve to ask ..."Now doesn't that sound much better?"

:rolleyes:

Dr. Pannell is a Sax Player. So when the band is split up in sections, he work with all the woodwinds while other assistant directors work with sections based on their major instrumentation.

Paul Adams use to work SOP all day every day.
Crystal Sweepson use to try and work the Mellophones all day even coming to sections.
Michael Magruder works the Woodwinds every chance he gets.

Originally posted by SUtrp96
Yuck, I hate when he used to do that..... Spitting all in your mouth piece and shat........The smell of cigarette creaping threw the horn....:mad:

*in the background*
"HEYALL NAW, DOC!"

Oh yeah, Mr. Adams use to keep his foot up S.O.P rear!!

Dr. Magruder was no joke with the woodwinds!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Do band directors work the section they played in harder than others??

Originally posted by SUtrp96

Dr. Liddell was my band director in high school. He worked the F*** out of the woodwind section (he plays clarinet). During state festival and symphonic season, our lips would be worn out. Our woodwind ensembles pulled all ones at competition for 3 years. He definitely knows his stuff. Since he went to Jackson State, the sound is definitely more solid and more orchestral on field. The sound carries down field so smooth!

Originally posted by DonGiovonni
I think one of the reasons that Pine Bluff's woodwind section is good because, Graham played Sax so he works his woodwinds harder than others. He makes sure thay play everything correctly, from intonation to timing to sound quality on down, and teaches the rest of the band some things and leaves the rest up to the Section leader, but remains dedicated to his Saxes, B-tops and Piccs. Do your Band director do the same, or is he Non-Bias and works with everyone just the same????

"TRIPLE 6"
D.G."U KNOW MY"Steez

Brother, I have to disagree. I'll woodwinds are talented. Now Graham works harder on Trumpets. Believe it or not and he may a Sax Instructor, but his main concern has ALWAYS been his Trumpets. It rolls like this:

Hud- Takes excellent care of the Tubas.
Walker (Formerly Fooster)- Takes care of the Percussion
Graham- Takes care of the Trumpets

Woodwinds, B-Tones, and T-Bones work hard in sectionals.

Back