Digital Cameras

Panther88

Banned
Please, give ANY 411/helpful hints/etc.

I'm a novice @ using the point, <b>focus</b>, and click capabilities. :)

Lens recommendations, probable camera settings for inside dome shooting vs outside daylight/dusk shooting, etc.

Thx.

Canon EOS Rebel 8.0 mp blah blah blah :)

Bought a digi-zoom lens but I keep hearing things from differing peeps on lens quality etc when it comes to the 500-1000mm non-digi lens. I want a big lens.

Any 411 would be greatly appreciated.

Panthro said:
Canon EOS Rebel 8.0 mp blah blah blah :)

Bought a digi-zoom lens but I keep hearing things from differing peeps on lens quality etc when it comes to the 500-1000mm non-digi lens. I want a big lens.

Any 411 would be greatly appreciated.
500-1000mm??I am speculating that you want to shoot football games from the sidelines. When I'm on the field I shoot with 300mm2.8. Most pros use 300mm2.8 and 400mm2.8.

400mm is more than enough for football games on the sidelines and for digital cameras 300mm is perfect escpecially if you are shooting with a camera with large megapixels. If I had a 400mm I would shoot from the endzone and when the action get close I would switch to a 80-200 zoom.

With a 500mm 1000mm on a digital camera your crop will be very tight, with some shots even as close on the players faces inside the helmet. But hey dawg you must be really big time because those lenses are in the $8000 dollar range and up.:D

1000mm are really used in nature photography, Track & Field and baseball games. You can use 1000mm for a football game but you would have to shoot from the endzone with the action coming toward you from the other side of the 50 yard line.

Quality
If the lens you buy is a Canon or Sigma lens for your Rebel, you are really safe when it comes to quality. I have Canon Sigma and Nikon lenses all have superb quality.

Thanks pbla. I'm a novice to this and have started to invest (not overly heavily yet :emlaugh: ). I had a nice price on a 500-1000mm lens by... :confused: Wolf Camera has it. I needed a "T" adapter etc in order to get it to work w/ my unipod.

At any rate, that's the 411 that I needed to hear. For a football game, the distance/range would be most sufficient. :tup: So, what I currently have is great, considering. I did, however, purchase a Canon 2X teleconverter if I wanted to get slightly closer w/ the 75-300mm that I currently have. :tup:

I wanna' see the drop of sweat/snot that leaves the players faces when a hit occurs. :eek:

sharpy's pix of the AlbSU/Miles game were :eek: str8 up fiyah! (no pun intended) :)

One more question.

In talking w/ some @ Wolf/Ritz, they stated that I could indeed purchase a non-digi lense for the digi-cam. However, they stated that certain "features" would be off (arp, efx, etc....) and one had to do some "special" things.

WTH were they talking about? :confused:

Back