Diets and my phone call from my primary care

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
Doc called and informed me that after 4 tries, I have finally passed my cholesterol test. My number was 214 and she wanted it to be below 200. Today that number is 192.

It turns out that the cashews that I was munching on were only good tasting and not good for me. I had given up pork, beef, and now add peanuts and cashews to the list.

I am hanging on by a thread but I will have to switch from whole milk to 2% milk since whole milk is high in cholesterol.

Doc did say that my LDL is 140 and it needs to be below 130. Can I say goodbye to whole milk?

I will know by the end of June.

I am hanging on by a thread but I will have to switch from whole milk to 2% milk since whole milk is high in cholesterol.

Doc did say that my LDL is 140 and it needs to be below 130. Can I say goodbye to whole milk?

I have been drinking skim milk for over 15 years now. I can't even drink the whole milk anymore because it is too thick...:vomit: You will get use to it.

Drink soy milk. 25 grams of soy a day has been proven to lower cholesterol....

What does soy milk taste like?

like milk...I think you could drink it. They also have a vanilla flavor. I was a skeptic for years until I went to my Mom's house and tasted hers. I just knew I'd puke drinking it. Every now and again, I get it. Mostly due skim milk now.

Soy milk tastes like milk. It comes in various flavors (original, vanilla, even chocolate). You can even get lite soy milk if you are calorie conscious. You can use it just like you would milk. I drink it frequently.

I like Silk and 8th Continent. Walmart even has a value brand which isn't that bad.

Doc called and informed me that after 4 tries, I have finally passed my cholesterol test. My number was 214 and she wanted it to be below 200. Today that number is 192.

CONGRATS on lowering your cholesterol! :clap:

Can I pour soy milk on my Special K cereal and not tasted the difference?

Soy milk tastes like milk. It comes in various flavors (original, vanilla, even chocolate). You can even get lite soy milk if you are calorie conscious. You can use it just like you would milk. I drink it frequently.

I like Silk and 8th Continent. Walmart even has a value brand which isn't that bad.

PV_S, the first time I tried Silk soy milk was with some Special K Red Berries and it was good! :tup: I think you will like it. I prefer 2% milk though vs. the soy for women health reasons.

I wouldn't even drink milk period unless it was for the soy content. Cow's milk gives me the worst gas. It is not uncomfortable like some lactose intolerant people, but I don't like the flatulance. (especially when I have to be in the public)

I ate my first bowl of Special K using Soy Milk. My stomach is saying WTF!!!!!

If this cuts down on the gas okay, but I will miss dropping the silent killers at work.

Mayun I would drop MOAB's on society if I drank any kind of Cow milk. I was given a case of dried milk to use for my shakes one time. Mayun I was so gaseous, I could barely stand myself.

This soy milk may be okay, but wouldn't I be better off just adding water to the cereal since they both make the cereal taste like crap.

This soy milk may be okay, but wouldn't I be better off just adding water to the cereal since they both make the cereal taste like crap.

Why don't you try 2% milk? After drinking that for a month or two, switch to 1%. Gradually get used to it and then move to fat free milk.

It turns out that the cashews that I was munching on were only good tasting and not good for me. I had given up pork, beef, and now add peanuts and cashews to the list.

bless y'all hearts...I can't drink no milk that taste like water. 2% is the way to go, for me. :nod:

I have adjusted well to the soy milk, the stuff taste great and it was less filling. I have found my healthier breakfast.

Next, I will do like the Little Rascals and pour the milk in my oatmeal.

Back