Did you contribute to Harry Potter's 94 million? If so, C'mere!

MsJag4Jag

If you saw the movie, please comment on it and these scriptures.

1 Samuel 15:23 - For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

2 Chronicles 33:6 - And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Micah 5:12 - And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers

Galatians 5:20-23 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

I've heard about the concerns with Harry Potter and Pokemon. Since I don't have any kids, I really didn't get into it. I reiterate your question, if Harry Potter is being boycotted, then why not these other shows (esp for kids viewing) that go against God's word?

I plan on seeing Harry Potter.
I've read the books and I think they're pretty good. Kids are reading it and enjoying it because IT'S FICTION.

BTW, what about Bewitched...you ever watched that??
That was one of my fav shows.....

Nothing's wrong with reading a few books and watching a movie.

;)

What's the Big deal

I think that's people need to take this movie for what it is...fiction.:rolleyes:

my .02

I would have to agree with Saniyya and Jelli on this one. The bottom line is this? we can take the Bible and dispute EVERYTHING that goes on in our secular society. Yes? all of that is in scripture, however dang near every movie out there has something in it that is dealt with in scripture. Think about all of the cursing, lying, cheating, stealing, murder, and SEX that is all over the media. Children have access to these types of images on a daily basis. I think Harry Potter is totally innocent compared to the alternatives. As long as you are teaching your children what is right from what is wrong, what is real from what is fake, what Christian themes to apply to their lives and what to turn their backs on, then it?s ok. I think it?s time that parents did what they are supposed to do? be parents, instead of blame the media and every other vehicle of entertainment in our society.

Well some argue that Christians have gone too far with this Harry Potter thing.... I don't know.

It is a fiction story, but some warn that if you pay to this movie, you're a partner with Satan. Witchcraft is not something God smiles on...but I often wondered why if people are going to protest this, then other movies need to be considered as well. Don't place it just on Harry Potter.

I have been hearing so much about this Harry Potter mess and I have yet to see him/it or know what it's about. I never even heard of him/it before the movie came out. I guess my son's too young for it, cuz he's never mentioned it before.

Now my son does watch Pokemon and has several of the tapes....I haven't heard anything negative about it either.

D-town you been living under a rock girl. Harry Potter has the been the lastest craze for the kids of the caucasian persuasion for some time now. And this argument about it being against god and religion has been going on since the first book was released.

Originally posted by jelli
D-town you been living under a rock girl. Harry Potter has the been the lastest craze for the kids of the caucasian persuasion for some time now. And this argument about it being against god and religion has been going on since the first book was released.

Well I guess that's why....it must not be too popular among the black community or like I said before, my son's just too young to be into it yet. That being said, I may need to check out Mr. Harry Potter before Devin starts getting interested in it.

Kid's-oriented movie with satanic angle.

,,,,,, hmmmmmmmmm? now that could be a problem. I don't remember kids flocking to, "Damian Oman 1/2/3", "The Exorcist", "The Blair Witch Project"(not sure on that one; that's recent),,, et al these movies with decidedly demonic/satan worshipping themes.

I can just imagine the Christian Coalition is up in arms, and I'm suprised it hasn't been totally banned here in Alabama.

Hey TSU/Bama, Ole Zow Pulled it off again.

Andrew Zow continues to be a "fly in the ointment" of the conventional wisdom up at Alabama!:p It is a testiment to Zow that he has hung in there like he did and stayed positive. Props to Andrew Zow. I wonder what his plans are in terms of the NFL because the way his career has gone, I don't know if he'll get any interest. I think the kid could have at least been drafted if he would have been nurtured the way a QB with his skills should be.

I just can't justify my grown arse reading or going to see a movie targeted at kids... I don't think the messages can be any worse than Nightmare On Elm St. or similar movies though...

Do You Celebrate Halloween?

Enough Said.....

If it's a concern about christianity then we shouldn't

-Go to clubs

-Get drunk

-Have pre-marital sex

-Play video games (most with the exception of sports games have people with "powers"etc.)

-Watch any cartoon that relates to magic, having superpowers, etc.
-
curse, yell and scream

-Watch the majority of tlevision programs/movies....etc. etc.
-Play or interact in sports (hey, sport causes hate and strife...)

etc. etc. etc.

The list goes on and on.
The movie doesn't say....go out and get a black kettle and practice witchcraft. Of course kids will hold fascination with the movie....just like they would off of wrestling, Power Rangers, and things of that nature.

It's called fantasy.....without imagination the world would be a scary place........ ;)

Back