Did you all checkout 'Watchmen' on HBO? Tulsa Riots

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't think the writers intended for it to have a second season. The original comic book series was a short one-time affair also.

HBO's Watchmen wrapped up on Sunday, December 15. The nine-episode season ended on a major cliffhanger: Did Angela Abar (Regina King) inherit Dr. Manhattan's powers? There might not be a second season. Showrunner Damon Lindelof told Variety he doesn't "have any inclination whatsoever to continue the story."9 hours ago

HBO's Watchmen wrapped up on Sunday, December 15. The nine-episode season ended on a major cliffhanger: Did Angela Abar (Regina King) inherit Dr. Manhattan's powers? There might not be a second season. Showrunner Damon Lindelof told Variety he doesn't "have any inclination whatsoever to continue the story."9 hours ago

In other words...not enough money being offered.

Dystopian series 'Watchmen' leads all Emmy nominees with 26
LYNN ELBER
Associated PressJuly 27, 2020, 11:01 PM

LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Watchmen,” cloaked in superhero mythology and grounded in real-world racism, received a leading 26 nominations Tuesday for the prime-time Emmy Awards.
The HBO series, which captured America’s deep unease as it faces racial and political clashes amid a pandemic, was nominated as best limited series and received bids for cast members including Regina King and Jeremy Irons.
King was part of a vanguard of actors of color indicating that TV academy voters took heed of the social climate.
“Zendaya!” exclaimed Emmy announcement host Leslie Jones, her gleeful reaction to the “Euphoria” star’s nomination as best actress in a drama. “This is a great day,” Jones said.

She was part of a socially distanced, virtual release of nominees that was online, not on television as is usual. But nothing is usual during a coronavirus era that has brought Hollywood production to a virtual standstill and is making the Emmys and other awards grasp for alternatives.

I truly believe that we really need to focus on our mental health. We have been through literal hell and all we do is suppress; being told to "suck it up"; Our existence on the continents and Islands of the western hemisphere has not been kind to us. Honestly, we do the things we do because we have been made crazy as hell. We had UNTREATED PTSD before this country was created and it carries over to today.

If we ever get reparations, the first form should be free mental health care.

I truly believe that we really need to focus on our mental health. We have been through literal hell and all we do is suppress; being told to "suck it up"; Our existence on the continents and Islands of the western hemisphere has not been kind to us. Honestly, we do the things we do because we have been made crazy as hell. We had UNTREATED PTSD before this country was created and it carries over to today.

If we ever get reparations, the first form should be free mental health care.
On the other hand, I think that Blacks (or Foundational Black Americans ) in this country are so unique to have survived some of the craziest circumstances known to man over so many generations.

In spite of our own struggles and challenges be it from within or from this system, so many of us have still prospered. This fact alone keeps me inspired mentally.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. Just imagine what we could do if we were whole. All of us suffer from mental issues there are just varying degrees. I don't know too many people on this board personally, but I can tell that we have come in contact with people and literature that have inspired something in us that far too many of our people have not had access to.

Back