Did you all checkout 'Watchmen' on HBO? Tulsa Riots

buckwheat1911

Tulsa, Oklahoma (CNN)When the police shooting of unarmed father Terence Crutcher happened on September 16, 2016, in Tulsa, the city's reaction was furious -- but peaceful.
There were prayer vigils at black churches and, within a week, first-degree manslaughter charges filed against the officer who shot him.
But the incident also shed fresh light on a dark moment in American history that has largely been forgotten -- or was never learned.
Almost a century ago, the very streets where protesters marched, chanting against the police killings of unarmed black men in America, hundreds of African Americans died in just one terrible day.

It is known as the Tulsa Race Riot of 1921. But that is not how the granddaughter of one of the survivors sees it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That has been the message to the African American since America has been fighting wars. Talk about undervalued and underappreciated!

Let's see how long this version of The Watchmen lasts.

I didn't watch the episode yet but I will.

My father was long range recon in Vietnam and there were times where the VietCong would get on loud speakers and scream out "Our war not with you black man."

I didn't watch the episode yet but I will.

My father was long range recon in Vietnam and there were times where the VietCong would get on loud speakers and scream out "Our war not with you black man."
At first they thought the Black soldiers were Africans. A Vietnamese guy I use to work with told us that same story...they were saying African go home our fight is not with you.

Last edited:
Caught up on this series the other night and it's falling into place. Those first few episodes had me crossing my eyes at what was going on. But now after the last episode, I'm getting it and putting it together.
Only 2 more episodes left this 1st season and I'm wondering on they will pull it off.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Okay, I am curious now. I've heard too much about this series. How many episodes are out? I just got a new smoker. Things are slowing down on my 9 to 5 due to the Holidays. This weekend coming up might just be the time to see what you guys are talking about.

Okay, I am curious now. I've heard too much about this series. How many episodes are out? I just got a new smoker. Things are slowing down on my 9 to 5 due to the Holidays. This weekend coming up might just be the time to see what you guys are talking about.

There are a total of 9 episodes for this season. They have shown 8 with the season finale this upcoming sunday.

I attempted to binge this weekend. I couldn't get past episode one. I mean, I saw how deep the series is and figured I needed to binge it at a later time when I have no distractions. I was really into the little bit that I saw.

I attempted to binge this weekend. I couldn't get past episode one. I mean, I saw how deep the series is and figured I needed to binge it at a later time when I have no distractions. I was really into the little bit that I saw.

The beginning episodes will throw you for a loop as I was the same way but as I watched and got thru it, it came into view. Don't want to give anything away to those that haven't watched it but there is a episode that will spell it out for you with a history lesson about some of the characters and you will enjoy it.

Back