Did we overreact by cancelling football?

I don't think we made the wrong decision, but I do think it's suspect and borderline unethical to have kids and staff on campus then pretend that is less dangerous than having athletes playing sports. Every campus has 50, 60 & 70 year olds, overweight, taking 20 pills a day, WON'T RETIRE, etc, working at major risk.

No HBCU should be forcing people on campus, period.

And I thought you last sentence just applied to Alcorn boy you hit right on

All of our schools are in red states and are public. I think us having on campus classes is strictly political

Thats only part of it. The other part is financial. Nobody wanted to be honest up front and risk heavy tuition revenue losses. So we open up campus with these million restrictions, and I guarantee you campus will be closed back down before Halloween.

Now, if that happens, how do the students vote?

Especially when you saw the image of fans at Florida State not wearing masks when it was required in the building.

not only that but I saw a player kissing his girlfriend in the stands after one game. Others dapping up friends and fam in the stands, etc. other games where people sat close together. It’s just gonna be impossible. But I think the decision to go with herd immunity was made months ago.

not only that but I saw a player kissing his girlfriend in the stands after one game. Others dapping up friends and fam in the stands, etc. other games where people sat close together. It’s just gonna be impossible. But I think the decision to go with herd immunity was made months ago.

So they've been decided to let folks die, and people are willing to risk death ... for football?

Bold strategy Cotton LOL

Thats only part of it. The other part is financial. Nobody wanted to be honest up front and risk heavy tuition revenue losses. So we open up campus with these million restrictions, and I guarantee you campus will be closed back down before Halloween.

I don’t think schools will shut down. If they were, schools would’ve closed by now.

Look at Florida State. They had almost 1,000 COVID infections BEFORE kickoff...and bars and restaurants are back open and they have packed them out in Tallahassee.

FAMU students living on campus have been put under a curfew since the first week of school because these kids were trying to have secret parties.

Hig
I don’t think schools will shut down. If they were, schools would’ve closed by now.

Look at Florida State. They had almost 1,000 COVID infections BEFORE kickoff...and bars and restaurants are back open and they have packed them out in Tallahassee.

FAMU students living on campus have been put under a curfew since the first week of school because these kids were trying to have secret parties.

All high schools are doing is temperature checks and a questionnaire and getting away with murder.

colleges gotta test and basically someone will always come up positive so that’s the adjustment. How many stories have we seen athletes playing with fevers and cold sweats (Flu) and nothing came out of it? I want to see results from UT and FSU’s games this weekend with full bands and 20k folks in there

by hell or high water we will play in 21 -lol

NFL player Courtney Wallace tweet about his father:
MyDad tested positive for Covid19 Mondayand found out he had pneumonia aswell!Today I noticed he couldbarley breath and rushed him to the hospital only to be told that I couldn’t stay with him anymore!He nowhas pneumonia in bothlungs and has been placed in the ICU!Prayers needed!
Prayers up to the family..

As someone reminded me on Twitter about not too long ago, those big facilities can't pay for themselves. I saw that Alabama would have owed $100 million I believe if no football was played so I almost assure you that other programs on that level would have lost similar

UNC announced yesterday that they will lose $30 million this year. And I doubt that they will be alone.

The SWAC absolutely made the right call in football. In basketball, I doubt we will be at no more than 25%-50% capacity so that's actually won't affect most games except for 1-2 big games

As someone reminded me on Twitter about not too long ago, those big facilities can't pay for themselves. I saw that Alabama would have owed $100 million I believe if no football was played so I almost assure you that other programs on that level would have lost similar

UNC announced yesterday that they will lose $30 million this year. And I doubt that they will be alone.

The SWAC absolutely made the right call in football. In basketball, I doubt we will be at no more than 25%-50% capacity so that's actually won't affect most games except for 1-2 big games
At this rate, each SWAC school is better off streaming their home games and leaving the bleachers empty. The U.S. is running out of hospital space now with cases over 140k a day.

High schools in Louisiana the players have a COVID test on a Monday then the day of the game they have a rapid test. If one player or coach has symptoms the games are cancelled or the school can reschedule with another team that is COVID free. My wife's job does the rapid testing for the football programs in Lincoln Parish and thankfully none of the players have contracted anything.

At this rate, each SWAC school is better off streaming their home games and leaving the bleachers empty. The U.S. is running out of hospital space now with cases over 140k a day.

With these big schools postponing games it must be getting bad, we have less resources than they do so our spring games may not happen

With these big schools postponing games it must be getting bad, we have less resources than they do so our spring games may not happen

I'm leaning in this direction as well. I seriously don't think this country is situated to eradicate the virus w/ all the known failures where it becomes shareable in place.

High schools in Louisiana the players have a COVID test on a Monday then the day of the game they have a rapid test. If one player or coach has symptoms the games are cancelled or the school can reschedule with another team that is COVID free. My wife's job does the rapid testing for the football programs in Lincoln Parish and thankfully none of the players have contracted anything.
This is definitely not statewide. Maybe at your son's school.

Back