Did anyone buy Roblox?

Olde Hornet

They had their IPO today

Roblox jumps to $38 billion market cap as public investors get their first crack at the popular kids game app​

Roblox, the kids gaming app that surged in popularity during the pandemic, soared in its market debut on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday. The company’s stock closed at $69.50 apiece, giving the company a market cap of $38.26 billion.

Roblox went public through a direct listing, following the lead of other tech companies including Spotify, Slack and Palantir. Instead of raising fresh capital in exchange for new shares, Roblox allowed existing shareholders to sell immediately, without being subject to a lockup period.

Shares began trading at $64.50, which represented a 43% increase from a private financing round in January, when the company sold shares for $45. The NYSE set a reference price on Tuesday of $45, though no stock changed hands at those levels. The reference price tends to reflect private market trading and does not indicate where a stock will open.

Based on a fully diluted share count of 652 million, which includes restricted stock units that will convert to common stock, the company was worth $45.3 billion, as of its closing price.

I'm just starting out as an investor. I bought just a little bit. Couldn't get it at $45 but Imma hold it for my kids anyway so we'll see what happens. I'm primarily in biotech and tech since those are the areas I have a little understanding.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
No. I didn’t get a chance to buy it. However, the majority of my portfolio is filled with stocks in the tech and finance sector. I’m holding my EVs such as Tesla, Nio, and Xpeng. Last week was bloody but I held. 4837483F-B3B0-4EE0-AD97-86EBC734AC3D.jpeg

Back