Denzel orders Interracial love scene cut.

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
Hollywood insiders are wondering why a steamy love scene between Denzel Washington and Aussie beauty Radha Mitchell was cut from Man on Fire.

They think Washington may be behind the edit, reports MSNBC.com.

"Denzel Washington is concerned about the way audiences react to him in an interracial romance," says a source, who adds that the actor wants to avoid upsetting his female African-American fans.

It was Washington, continues the insider, who asked that a love scene with Julia Roberts get edited out of The Pelican Brief.

Washington's spokesman, who said he wasn't even aware that the scene was shot, dismisses buzz that the actor may have lobbied for the cut. He also denies that Washington asked that the scenes be deleted from The Pelican Brief.

But in 2002, Roberts told Newsweek, "Don't I have a pulse? Of course I wanted to kiss Denzel. It was his idea to take the damn scenes out."

Washington reportedly also asked that love scenes between him and Mimi Rogers get cut from the 1989 flick The Mighty Quinn after the scenes drew howls of protests from black women during screenings.

A Fox rep confirmed to MSNBC's The Scoop that the scenes from Man on Fire were cut, but said: "I don't think there was any agenda. And if there was, I probably wouldn't tell you

J-State Tiger said:
"Denzel Washington is concerned about the way audiences react to him in an interracial romance," says a source, who adds that the actor wants to avoid upsetting his female African-American fans.

It was Washington, continues the insider, who asked that a love scene with Julia Roberts get edited out of The Pelican Brief.

Well if all of this is true, then why did Densel do these scenes in the first place??? :confused: :confused:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This go back to that movie he made in the Jamaca with Robert Townsand years ago ---- The Mighty Quinn.

He did a love scene in it with the white actress. When they did the screening with the test audiences, they showed it with the love scene in and with it out. They point blank said the black women were fine with the scene the way it ended up in the movie --- nothing shown, wanted to do it, but walked out ---- they loved it. But the screening where they showed the 2 kissing was a no no if you know what I mean. :ebrow:

Every since that test, he has refused to do it in his movies.

Denzel ain't makin' them black women mad. He found out where his paycheck is a long time ago. :licky: :)

Or could it be that Denzel is married and he's doing what wifey said to do? :lecture: :flamethro

lilC said:
Or could it be that Denzel is married and he's doing what wifey said to do? :lecture: :flamethro

That pillow talk is a powerful thing..What he said.... :scared: :D

lilC said:

AIN'T MAKING NOblack woman mad. EXPECIALLY THAT ONE. :emlaugh: :alicia: :emlaugh:

I also heard he wouldn't kiss his supporting actress in Virtuosity, even though she was all for it (she's Pat Swayze's wife, makes you wonder what she's missing @ home ;)). But he'll screw a white girl for Spike Lee.

kevdawg said:
I also heard he wouldn't kiss his supporting actress in Virtuosity, even though she was all for it (she's Pat Swayze's wife, makes you wonder what she's missing @ home ;)). But he'll screw a white girl for Spike Lee.

And don't forget the Indian girl he screwed in Mississippi Masala.... :sperm:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think Denzel's being a lil ARROGANT in thinking that his doing love scenes with other-race actresses will anger black women......

He's assuming that you BLACK WOMEN can't separate the 'actor' from the 'Action'..... :ebrow:

I wish a mutha-phukka would make that assumption FOR ME.... Shiiid, I'm grown.......

Black women oughtta be OUTRAGED at his arse for that.... :mrt:

I'm actually astounded that in this day and age, an interracial kiss or love scene in a MOVIE is considered a big deal. It's 2004! With all these mixed raced kids around these days, you know that some interracial love has been going on in real life, and isn't art suppose to imitate life?

Good for him.

But to me it's not that big a deal. He's acting. And if the women who are watching it don't approve of it, they don't have to watch it. It's really funny how the actor doing his job can get lulled into thinking that the loves scenes that are in the movie are an indication of his loyalty to black women, if there is such a thing as loyalty these days.

Jam Piper Jam said:
And don't forget the Indian girl he screwed in Mississippi Masala.... :sperm:
True!

AND lets not forget the Hispanic hottie he showed up with Training Day. Hmm, this keeps getting more convoluted to me!

Does anyone remember if he got beyond holding hands with Angelina Jolie in The Bone Collector?

kevdawg said:
True!

AND lets not forget the Hispanic hottie he showed up with Training Day. Hmm, this keeps getting more convoluted to me!

Does anyone remember if he got beyond holding hands with Angelina Jolie in The Bone Collector?

He didn't do anything with Angeline Jolie. There wasn't even a kiss.

I think he got "caught up" in the whole no white woman thang when he was just becomming a BIG STAR. When they showed that pre-view of the "Mighty Quinn", and he saw the reaction of black women, he made a decision on emotion and now it's comming back to bite him in his arse. :mrt:

He "type-cast" his dang self. :)

:teleport:
Black -- White

Back