Deion Sanders makes scholarship offer to son, Shedeur

JSU will be offering great opportunities to these recruits. This would be a hard choice for some. "Do I go and get trained by hall of famed coach and play "lesser" competition (Not my thoughts but I'm assuming this is what the PWC and NFL institute minds would be thinking) OR do I go and play "better" competition at a PWC Power 5...let's say...if Ohio State offered. If I was the number one DB in the county, I'd have a hell of a decision to make (only if Ohio State offered me)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
JSU will be offering great opportunities to these recruits. This would be a hard choice for some. "Do I go and get trained by hall of famed coach and play "lesser" competition (Not my thoughts but I'm assuming this is what the PWC and NFL institute minds would be thinking) OR do I go and play "better" competition at a PWC Power 5...let's say...if Ohio State offered. If I was the number one DB in the county, I'd have a hell of a decision to make (only if Ohio State offered me)

There is a difference between us offering the number 1 WR prospect in the 2020 class last year (even though we know Rice is the goat, he doesn't coach at Valley) and JSU actually having arguably the GOAT CB coaching at JSU. Some of these 4-5 stars gonna have some tough decisions to make

Will be interesting to see the impact that Coach Prime, the nfl veterans on his staff, and the new facilities will have when it comes to recruiting the 4s and 5s. He says the facilities will be finished this summer, and they’ll surely be showing the drawings to the athletes they’re going for.

To be expected.

I wonder if the son thinks Deion will be there to coach him for four years.
Or any other recruit for that matter. Deion will have to sell that to the recruits. "Coach Prime, is this a 2-3 year deal and you're out or do you TRULY plan on staying for a while." Although they have no guarantee with that at Bama, LSU, etc.... Gonna take some of these parents to sit down with their kids and say "you have a chance to start something special, possibly reach your NFL goal AND get a good education" a la Maker Makur, etc.

4 years is the standard state contract term, however I dont forsee him living out the contract if things go according to plan.
Well it really doesn’t matter. We as an HBCU culture need the publicity, the attempt to change culture, and the excitement. So it’s a win win no matter what, especially if it’s atleast 3 years. Trust me deion need us in a certain way. What I mean about that is, a lot of folks even within his circle have doubted his ability to coach on the collegiate level so he’s definitely going to put in some work. I dnt think he’s leaving within 3 years. And as for jsu, this hire will help expand the brand. We had over 100 applicants for HC this year. Imagine after Deion leaves and more people have witnessed the excitement, fan base and possibilities at jsu. And the average attendance about to reach 50,000 in the fall for sure. In comparison, FAU only averages around 18,000 a year. We will definitely get more attention from other high profile coaches. We might have to pay them but they definitely will show interest.

Back