Dear Alabama State, Alcorn State and Prairie View.

You do realize they lost to an FBS school, right? The purpose of this thread was directed to the aforementioned schools playing against other FCS opponents.

I know UTSA is FBS. So was UNLV (and Kent State in 2016), but I digress. Hell, we just got done taking 3 straight on the chin for checks. I get it.

Anyway... Bama State, PV & Alcorn all lost. 2 respectful losses, but losses nonetheless. Hopefully that changes next year.

I just get tired of the MEAC outperforming us in OOC wins and NFL draft picks every year. The SWAC is in the south, and the south is a football region.

I know UTSA is FBS. So was UNLV (and Kent State in 2016), but I digress. Hell, we just got done taking 3 straight on the chin for checks. I get it.

Anyway... Bama State, PV & Alcorn all lost. 2 respectful losses, but losses nonetheless. Hopefully that changes next year.

I just get tired of the MEAC outperforming us in OOC wins and NFL draft picks every year. The SWAC is in the south, and the south is a football region.

We, the SWAC, are trying to undo decades of serious delinquency in a few seasons, 2kool. The SWAC is on the uptick, imho. What PV saw from Nicholls yester was nothing short of small modifications required coupled w/ BETTER gameplanning/playcalling on O/D (for us). IMHO, our offense has become god awfully predictable, especially considering our starting qb seems to be struggling w/ the pass, as teams adjust to take away his running ability. I'll guaran'damned-tee you those Nicholls players woke up sore like a mf'er from all the aggressive hitting we did. :D Ditto for shsu w/ their what... 8 in-game injuries where we had zero. I can take a loss when I see we did our best and although the score was lopsided (44-13), we did our best all the way until the clocked showed 00:00.

We're not running from competition and looking to get betterdom. Fall 2018, we have rice univ @ their place, shsu @ their place, and I think something is in the works for uofh @ their place as well. Regionally friendly, nice paydays, and we're capable of busting all their heads to the whitemeat lol.

Nah.... you get tired if them out performing your school every year and that your school can't even out perform JSU in its down years. So just be honest.

As far as the meac out performing us in the draft every year, that's a lie and even if it were true so what?

You do realize we are ranked with a FBS win as well.

I don't care how we get the W as long as we get the W...

Ayantee & Grambling are both legit but on any given Saturday anyone can be handed a L...

Its a long season, so lets play it out before you start handing out Championships and playoff bids.

Dude it was Ga. State. It's not like it was some well establish fbs team with history.

Y'all both look like SWAC/MEAC schools

AMEN!!!! This is a process that we can't expect to change overnight. But the fact that the conference (and most of the teams) are making the effort to do something about it, to me is a good start.

I do agree we are getting better, slowly but surely, but damn.

As far as the meac out performing us in the draft every year, that's a lie and even if it were true so what?

https://theundefeated.com/features/32-hbcu-players-make-opening-day-nfl-rosters/amp/

There are only SIX players from the SWAC in the NFL? SIX? SMH. No wonder we get our asses handed to us in nonconference play. Coaches ain't bringing in the talent.

There are only SIX players from the SWAC in the NFL? SIX? SMH. No wonder we get our asses handed to us in nonconference play. Coaches ain't bringing in the talent.

What does the amount of players in the SWAC currently have to do with how their colleges perform? That just makes absolutely no sense.

Using that logic JSU and should have been undefeated in the playoffs from the late 70's to early 90's.

Lord Jesus my people ....smh

It means the MEAC has more players in the NFL than the SWAC. Can't you read?

I most certainly can. Not only that I can also comprehend pretty damn good too. So good I'm able to know the difference between current players in a roster and an actual year by year Stat showing draft picks.

How about you?

Dude it was Ga. State. It's not like it was some well establish fbs team with history.

Y'all both look like SWAC/MEAC schools

You play who is on your schedule...

Have your AD call my AD if you think Southern is better!

2kool, SWAC football is trending positively. #1, look @ ALL of the football facilities, and #2, look @ the competitiveness, for the most part OOC. We're not scheduling D-IIers and getting reamed like we once did only 10 or so years ago. We're D-I FBS OOC and upper-echelon D-I FCS w/ our schedules. We're doing what needs to be done competing OOC, and no one should question that. If you want to question something, question why our minuscule and constrained football budgets are going toe-to-toe w/ numerous others that are seemingly twice and almost 10X ours. The glass is half-full mane, not half-empty.

Reactions: J C
Back