Dear AAMU opponents

PNeck019

I'm glad we won so this doesn't seem like sour grapes.

Someone please notify your coach that AAMU kicker Jose' Osorio illegally uses something to mark his spot on extra points and field goals.

I questioned this a few years ago when Northwestern State did it. I got a ruling from the NCAA stating that it is not allowed.

AAMU, care to respond to this allegation?

Why hasn't anybody caught on to this by now?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bighusky00 said:
What do you mean marks his spot???

He puts something down. A coin wrapped in tape, or something like it. The holder never touches or even looks down at the spot until the kicker is back in his stance.

It's probably mostly psychological, but what it most ensures is that the holder hits the spot every time.

Nonetheless, it's illegal.

It is nothing more than licking your fingers when you throw a baseball or football.

Whatever he is doing sure helped him start making long field goals and extra points. I always did think he could kick, but at the beginning of the season he missed everything.

MightyDog said:
It is nothing more than licking your fingers when you throw a baseball or football.

Whatever he is doing sure helped him start making long field goals and extra points. I always did think he could kick, but at the beginning of the season he missed everything.

Your examples don't apply.

In football, it's perfectly legal to lick your fingers.

In baseball, a pitcher may if he does so off the mound and wipes his hand afterwards.

I guess I'll have to get that NCAA guy to email me that interpretation again.

PNeck019 said:
Your examples don't apply.

In football, it's perfectly legal to lick your fingers.

In baseball, a pitcher may if he does so off the mound and wipes his hand afterwards.

I guess I'll have to get that NCAA guy to email me that interpretation again.

As a pitcher, you don't wipe the fingers you licked...you wipe the ring finger and little finger never the first two.

You are mistaken in your view. The ruling, which is intended to keep the kicker/holder from bringing measuring devices onto the field (i.e. length of leather, tape, wood, paper or cloth) one can not introduce a platform of any type to kick from, and a team cannot bring anything onto the field that would unfairly allow that team to gain an advantage. Wether the kicker/holder drops a coin or scuffs the turf, this action has no bearing on the out come of the kick and is therefore (usually) ignored. It means no more than if the holder took off his gloves and laid them at a point on the ground and the kicker used them as his psycological guide (as long no advantage is gained).

Marvin Zindler reported yesterday that you can cheat in golf too.

He said the cover the ball in vaseline and they can drive that ball 100 yards farther.

STRAWDOG said:
You are mistaken in your view. The ruling, which is intended to keep the kicker/holder from bringing measuring devices onto the field (i.e. length of leather, tape, wood, paper or cloth) one can not introduce a platform of any type to kick from, and a team cannot bring anything onto the field that would unfairly allow that team to gain an advantage. Wether the kicker/holder drops a coin or scuffs the turf, this action has no bearing on the out come of the kick and is therefore (usually) ignored. It means no more than if the holder took off his gloves and laid them at a point on the ground and the kicker used them as his psycological guide (as long no advantage is gained).

The kicker is using this mark for where he wants the holder to put the ball. You cannot do that. It was confirmed when one of the SU players pointed it out to the referee toward the end of the game (after which AAMU never kicked again).

Hang on for a day or two and I'll post the interpretation from the NCAA......

Interesting allegations!! Very Interesting. Wandering how this is going to turn out

Back