Dark Side of the Ring: The Life and Crimes of New Jack

Man New Jack stayed coked up!

Did you watch the Chris Benoit episodes? That thang was heart-wrenching.
I tried not to but I watched it anyway. It was every bit as depressing as I thought it would be....sheesh

In fact, I kinda already know the stories of some of the other episodes, especially the death of Bruiser Brody and don't get me started on the Von Erichs.....I only watched the one about New Jack because I wanted to know more about him. He may seem sick to some but if his home life situation was really violent like that, then the wrestling business probably saved him. All things considered, he still seems kinda cool. I just wouldn't get in the ring and ask him to blade me. That was so stupid on Mass Transit's part....

I tried not to but I watched it anyway. It was every bit as depressing as I thought it would be....sheesh

In fact, I kinda already know the stories of some of the other episodes, especially the death of Bruiser Brody and don't get me started on the Von Erichs.....I only watched the one about New Jack because I wanted to know more about him. He may seem sick to some but if his home life situation was really violent like that, then the wrestling business probably saved him. All things considered, he still seems kinda cool. I just wouldn't get in the ring and ask him to blade me. That was so stupid on Mass Transit's part....

I understand. It's just great to hear these stories either debunked or confirmed through these documentaries. It's like rasslin' 30-for-30. I was young when Brody got killed and when Kerry von Erich killed himself. Didn't know that Kevin's actually the second-oldest son.

Man Mass Transit broke protocol, according to what Jack and the others were saying. Then Jack was pissed and coked up. I wasn't expecting to see the actual video. Man he cut the hell outta that boy. But it's a miracle New Jack isn't in some prison somewhere for killing someone, based on his background.

But the series is hella good. I actually used David Benoit's interview with Chris Van Vliet for my course as an example of keeping an interviewee comfortable through an uncomfortable subject. That part when David broke down and Chavo Jr. came in and consoled him ... man my heart sank. I did like at the end that David still referred to Nancy's sister as his aunt. I pray they find some peace.

I can't wait for the Dino Bravo episode. He really had mob ties.

I'm starting to think pro wrestlers are the most used and abused human athletes on the planet. Too many promoters simply just didn't/don't give a crap about them as human beings.

Remember Jesse Ventura wanted to unionize them boys and Hogan snitched to Vince. I didn't realize the main reason rasslers try to get into the Screen Actors Guild is for the insurance.

Also, rasslers legally being considered independent contractors mucks up the works too. I think All Elite Wrestling is providing health insurance for a good deal of their full-time talent.

Remember Jesse Ventura wanted to unionize them boys and Hogan snitched to Vince. I didn't realize the main reason rasslers try to get into the Screen Actors Guild is for the insurance.

Also, rasslers legally being considered independent contractors mucks up the works too. I think All Elite Wrestling is providing health insurance for a good deal of their full-time talent.

And that is how Vince gets over on his talent by hiding behins the independent contractor label when he could offer them guaranteed contracts (although with AEW on the scene, he's been trying to lock up all the talent he can to long 5 year contracts) instead of them paying for rentals and hotels out of pocket. Plus Enzo exposed that the wrestlers are not getting ANY of the money from the WWE network (since Vince owns most of their likenesses, they aren't owned royalties)

Booker T's company offers health insurance as well

I just watched this, New Jack is lucky he is not in prison. To hit someone with a stungun then throw them from a scaffold mane

I just watched this, New Jack is lucky he is not in prison. To hit someone with a stungun then throw them from a scaffold mane

the thing is he's totally unrepentant LOL ... that boy said he was trying to throw him down to the floor

@BulldogM.Ed.23 I watched last night's episode on Brawl for All. They completely messed over Bart Gunn ...

But next week, they're gonna talk about how Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka allegedly killed his ex-girlfriend ... and him getting away with murder (allegedly)

Last edited:
@BulldogM.Ed.23 I watched last night's episode on Brawl for All. They completely messed over Bart Gunn ...

But next week, they're gonna talk about how Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka allegedly killed his ex-girlfriend ... and him getting away with murder (allegedly)
Maybe when I get a moment I will catch the Brawl for all. That Jimmy Snuka episode will probably be too dark for me to watch.

You guys have already stated the simple issue with Pro Wrestling. No regulations..

But I understand...that is what made Pro Westling what it is and it is also what has hurt many in the sport as well.

Brawl for all was crazy and dumb

Bruh .. I just read Vince wanted to do Brawl for All again with the original NXT lineup in 2009, that included former real-life boxer Michael Tarver (Tyrone Evans), former real-life bare-knuckle fighter Wade Barret/Stu Bennett and Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) ... who actually trained in Randy Couture's gym while mulling an MMA career.

He would've gotten them boys hurt bad if he didn't get talked out of it

Back