Dang C-Leb - "Worst Colleges Rankings"

97JSULEGEND

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/college_guide/rankings_2010/dropout_factories.php

HBCUs Headline Washington Monthly’s ‘Worst College Rankings’
Numerous HBCUs across the country headline Washington Monthly’s recent release of the ‘Worst College Rankings.‘ Based solely upon graduation rates, the list is lead by Southern University of New Orleans with a five percent graduation rate, and three other HBCUs – Allen University, the University of the District of Columbia and Saint Augustine’s College, are listed in the top ten.

1 Southern University at New Orleans (LA)* 5%

3 Allen University (SC) 6%

9 University of the District of Columbia* 8%
10 Saint Augustine’s College (NC) 8%

15 Jarvis Christian College (TX) 10%
16 Edward Waters College (FL) 11%

21 Texas College 12%
22 Texas Southern University* 13%

28 Saint Paul’s College (VA) 13%

37 Coppin State University (MD)* 16%
38 Paul Quinn College (TX) 16%

41 Huston-Tillotson University (TX) 17%

47 Miles College (AL) 18%

In 2008, we did away with open enrollment so it'll take a while to infuse the "new" students we recruit now to increase that percentage. I can promise that graduation percentage WILL increase annually.

Besides, you know we (HBCU's) don't have a large number of traditional students.

Last edited:

In 2008, we did away with open enrollment so it'll take a while to infuse the "new" students we recruit now to increase that percentage. I can promise that graduation percentage WILL increase annually.

Besides, you know we (HBCU's) don't have a large number of traditional students.

Totally didn't know that. :tup:

So glad open admissions has been put to rest. Although it is a good charitable idea, it has many negative consequences for the reputation and standing of any univerity.

open enrollment served its purpose at one time also as some people who would've never went to college received the opportunity to do so....it wasn't a horrible idea but in today's society, if you can't meet the minimum entrance standards with all the all the advantages such as internet, technology, etc. then you should not be in college

the community college system though is exploding and is finding a niche with affordability and open enrollment

It is okay for Community Colleges to have open enrollment. I will never support that idea at the University level. Never...

It is okay for Community Colleges to have open enrollment. I will never support that idea at the University level. Never...

Don't forget education is still not equal. Individually often exist but for the majority it is still a problem. HBCU still have a mission of educating the majority of blacks.

Back