Crescent City Classic

Jaguar Diehard

Ah hellllllll!!

The humidity dayum near killed me!!! I ran 5.7 miles and walked bout 1/2 mile and still finished at about 1 hr and 8 minutes. Couldn't breathe because the sinuses were bombed out!!

Oh well!! There's always next year. Second worst time since 2000.

How'd you folks do??

Ah hellllllll!!

The humidity dayum near killed me!!! I ran 5.7 miles and walked bout 1/2 mile and still finished at about 1 hr and 8 minutes. Couldn't breathe because the sinuses were bombed out!!

Oh well!! There's always next year. Second worst time since 2000.

How'd you folks do??

That sucks!

I agree, it was quite humid that day! I finished it in 1 hr. 19 min. It was so crowded at the start of the race, I couldn't get a pace.

I really wish they would encourage walkers to one side of the road and runners to the other side of the road. It would make it much easier to get a pace going.

I didn't start on time with everyone else because we were waiting for the busses to transport us from City Park where they placed the tickets on everyone's cars.

My time was 1:48:56 I walked/jogged... this was my fastest pace to date.

This was my FIRST race ever.

All along the way I did not see the mile markers. However, I did see the 5 mile marker, and I became very emotional. Tears filled my eyes because I had shocked myself that I had not yet quit! I was almost done!

Ms. J4J,

Maybe I should have cautioned you about that parking at City Park and riding the bus thang. I did that last year and was still on the bus 45 mins AFTER the race started!! Had to walk from Elysian Fields to the starting line...run the race...walk to get something from the post-race stuff...and FINALLY a mile to where I parked the car. I noted the tickets last year and was warned just prior to....

Also, don't park facing the wrong direction. Always a no-no, but they ticketed folks for that too!

For the life of me, I could NOT figure out why DELGADO didn't open up that huge parking space they had available that covered about 2 1/2 blocks. There was no classes during Easter weekend. They could have charged $10 bucks a car and made some much needed money!!!

I stayed in a hotel in the CBD and walked to the starting area. I took the bus back downtown. Worked great!

I road with friends who lived in my hometown, Houma, LA. We parked at City Park. It was all of our first times. When we arrived, we saw that 250 other cars were parked there and cops were standing around not saying a word. It was hecka funny when we came back wondering "What are those orange flyers on everyone 's car"?

I know next time. Hopefully I will get past this "knee" problem and start again. I enjoy the running but I don't have time.

Back