Could Reggie Barlow return to Alabama State?

No, you just need to be more detailed in your answers. You love to address the problems of other schools, but you never seem to address the problems of your own. But since you seem to know what AAMU will "NEVER" be able to do, I think I know what will NOT happen at J-State.

So let me EDUCATE you.

Unfortunately, (some of) you J-State folks are looking for a quick fix and simply don't want to accept the thought that your issues are not going to be addressed overnight. Hughes is two years into the process of trying to fix a problem he DID NOT create. And yet, after only 2 years, some of you are saying he needs to be fired. How the hell do you expect to sustain a winning program if you are firing coaches every two years?

Now, answer the damn question: Is Rick Comegy a good coach?

Ken, YOU should have been capitalized, not EDUCATE.

Let me say this tho.. GOOD coaches don't lose to sorry teams. My concern with Hughes is that he can't even beat the sorry teams. You cant discount that. When you cant even beat the sorry teams, that's a red flag. If you cant beat the sorry teams, how you gonna EVER beat the good ones? So who ran the offense while Orlando was sick?

Hughes is w/o question a poor coach then. We're talking about Eley who seems to be a good leader/motivator but average coach...who led the team to wins over the conference's worst teams. Head to head against a good team/coach i.e GSU and Fobbs, I saw nothing scheme wise to say he's a good coach. Jury's still out, if he's a fire recruiter that can bump him up to good status. A coach is only as good as the talent he can put on the field. The question is will he get the chance to prove it.

Hughes will get his 3rd year, I suppose, but after that, im confident will be fired whether he wins or loses.

So, you mean to tell me that if Hughes goes...let's say 7-4 with wins over decent teams, you guys are still going to let him go? Really???

@Kenn Rashad You seem confident that Hughes can turn it around. I agree that Hughes does deserve his 3rd year and he will get his third year but I don't think he is up to the job. At the end of the day, his future is in his hands.

and to answer your question. Rick Comegy is a good recruiter. He is not a good x's and o's guy. He is Les Miles, he can beat teams he can out talent but he will always lose to the Rod Broadways of the world because he does not strategize.

The problem was not firing Comegy, the problem was the Meyers/Fuller regime.

Rick Comegy is an ok coach. I won't say he is a bad one but he wasn't good enough for JSU.

As for Hughes, some coaches can coach and some cant. I don't agree with firing coaches every 2 years but his situation is not as bad as he makes it out to be. How do you only beat Valley by 3 TDs? How do you only beat AAMU on a last second FG? Who puts a team on the field like that? Hughes will get his 3rd year, I suppose, but after that, im confident will be fired whether he wins or loses. LOL When you lose the fan base in Jackson, it's hard to get us back. Most were never on his team to begin with. We need to look at the total program and decide if we want to start over again or just promote from within. When Comegy was fired, most were ok with that, but the defense was good and we probably should have promoted from withing to kept most of that staff together and fixed the offense.

Thanks for asking a good question.
If Comegy was only ok, that means y'all haven't had a good coach in more than 20 years. Are you sure you all are who you think you are?

Well, I have to give Comegy a little more credit than that. Recruiting is part of what makes a good coach.

That's because he was never YOUR coach. Comegy could have been a legendary JSU HC but he lost 20 games by a TD or less. Good coaches dont do that. We were glad to have him and glad he put us back on solid ground after Bell but his time was up. I was hoping that firing him would have led to us taking things to the next level but then .... LOL

So, you mean to tell me that if Hughes goes...let's say 7-4 with wins over decent teams, you guys are still going to let him go? Really???

His time is up. If he can get us to 7-4, he would have done what he needed to do. Get us back to respectability after OMJ. At the end of next year, we need to evaluate the program and replace the broken pieces.

I have no say in the matter. LOL but he will have to do a lot to make up for these two seasons. I personally don't think that's possible. By this time next year, the ENTIRE athletic department should know where they want/need to be. I dont see Hughes as a part of the JSU family past next year. Lucky for him he has another year on his contract. Booster groups have the money NOW for the buyout but only the President can pull the trigger.

His time is up. If he can get us to 7-4, he would have done what he needed to do. Get us back to respectability after OMJ. At the end of next year, we need to evaluate the program and replace the broken pieces.
Bruh, you are on CRACK! (SMH)

Reactions: J C
Bruh, you are on CRACK! (SMH)

There is one thing that you dont understand and that I WONT say in a public forum (LOL) but trust me... unless he wins the SWAC, chances are slim he will be back at JSU. His time is up. In fact, dont be surprised if he is let go Monday morning. He might want to beat Alcorn. You have to have the right people in your corner if you want to stay in Jackson. You do realize how he became HC dont you? Dont get TP started.

That's because he was never YOUR coach. Comegy could have been a legendary JSU HC but he lost 20 games by a TD or less. Good coaches dont do that. We were glad to have him and glad he put us back on solid ground after Bell but his time was up. I was hoping that firing him would have led to us taking things to the next level but then .... LOL

Really TP????? LMAO!!!!

There is one thing that you dont understand and that I WONT say in a public forum (LOL) but trust me... unless he wins the SWAC, chances are slim he will be back at JSU. His time is up. In fact, dont be surprised if he is let go Monday morning. He might want to beat Alcorn. You have to have the right people in your corner if you want to stay in Jackson. You do realize how he became HC dont you? Dont get TP started.

You done said all that go ahead and spill it out....

Did Tigerpride just go 3rd person? Major095 wants to know so I thought I'd ask.

Back