Congrats to My Grandson, Julian "Juice" Watson

MikeBigg

My oldest grandson just completed his senior season of high school basketball. Just wanted to share with my GoGrambling folk his selection to District 5-5A all District Team. He had a good senior season despite disappointment from losing in first round. Inconsistency in games due to Covid took it's toll on the team but they had a successful season.

He's received Full Ride Academic offers to Tennessee State, Tuskegee, Alabama A&M, and Southern University. He hasn't decided where he will attend but he plans to major in Animal Science with a Concentration toward Veterinary Science. So far he has not received Admission confirmation from GSU, but that might be due to his planned Major which I don't think is offered. Disappointing to him because his sister is already at GSU on a full ride Academic Scholarship (Construction Engineering Technology Major)

Add UAPB to the list! Just received their school's 1890 Scholarship!

www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/louisiana/baton-rouge/mckinley-senior-high-school/julian-juice-watson

www.hudl.com/v/2F6jFg

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man Mike, I am so happy for you and family. Like in Proverbs 22:6, train the child in the way he should go, and when he gets old he will never depart from it.

I am sure Skegee has to be high on the list based his planned major, but the entire list of schools is impressive - even that school on the Bluff.

Bro. Mike it is a Louisiana tradition each family have a Grambling representation and a Southern representation. (LOL) He will get a outstanding education and he will love Baton Rouge. We are waiting on him...........

Bro. Mike it is a Louisiana tradition each family have a Grambling representation and a Southern representation. (LOL) He will get a outstanding education and he will love Baton Rouge. We are waiting on him...........
Oops.......He's already in Baton Rouge at McKinley. He should stay home and family can see him play. No shame in my recruiting as you can see. LOL

My wife and two girls are SU grads. Both of his parents are Grambling grads. His dad, my son, wants it to be Grambling but Mom is Tuskegee.

My wife and two girls are SU grads. Both of his parents are Grambling grads. His dad, my son, wants it to be Grambling but Mom is Tuskegee.
Ok - speaks volumes about your family that his choices are HBCU's. Congratulations to the village and to whichever HBCU he chooses as he will find culture, tradition and a commitment to excellence. Very fortunate to be in the family he has that sees attending a HBCU as a natural progression.

Ok - speaks volumes about your family that his choices are HBCU's. Congratulations to the village and to whichever HBCU he chooses as he will find culture, tradition and a commitment to excellence. Very fortunate to be in the family he has that sees attending a HBCU as a natural progression.
Through her Sorority, my daughter has literally helped 100’s of students get accepted into HBCU’s. That’s her Passion!

My oldest grandson just completed his senior season of high school basketball. Just wanted to share with my GoGrambling folk his selection to District 5-5A all District Team. He had a good senior season despite disappointment from losing in first round. Inconsistency in games due to Covid took it's toll on the team but they had a successful season.

He's received Full Ride Academic offers to Tennessee State, Tuskegee, Alabama A&M, and Southern University. He hasn't decided where he will attend but he plans to major in Animal Science with a Concentration toward Veterinary Science. So far he has not received Admission confirmation from GSU, but that might be due to his planned Major which I don't think is offered. Disappointing to him because his sister is already at GSU on a full ride Academic Scholarship (Construction Engineering Technology Major)

www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/louisiana/baton-rouge/mckinley-senior-high-school/julian-juice-watson

www.hudl.com/v/2F6jFg

Outstanding! It is always great to hear awesome news about achievement for our young people. Congrats!

Animal Science with a Concentration toward Veterinary Science - Tuskegee (Check to make sure housing is included in the scholarship)

Not sure if Engineering is his thing; however, hands down - Alabama A&M University (The opportunities in the Huntsville area are awesome)

Good luck with your choices.

Reactions: J C

www.hudl.com/v/2F6jFg
Congratulations!

Back