College Football "Playoff" 2018

See someone has been reading Death to the BCS ... but the first run of that book had suggested ...

1. A 16-team bracket with the FBS conference champions getting autobids, along with six at-large bids.
2. No. 1 and No. 2 seeds got home field advantage through the first two rounds ...
3. Seeding would use CFP committee seeding policies
4. $25 million to the conferences and $25 million to each participant.

I looked at the final Top 25 from last year.
I took out the top six champions and ranked them then took the next six in the ranking and the results is more interesting than I first thought. (AP ranking in parent.)

1. Alabama (1) vs. 12. Coastal Carolina (9)
2. Ohio State (3) vs. 11. Indiana (7)
3. Clemson (2) vs. 10. BYU (13)
4. Oklahoma (9) vs. 9. Northwestern (15)
5. Cincinnati (6) vs. 8. Iowa State (12)
6. USC (21) vs. 7. TAMU (5)

collegefootballnews.com/2021/01/ap-top-25-college-football-poll-rankings-2020-final

Sorry, but you used the AP rankings and not the CFP rankings. Also there would not be any autobids for conferences and that would leave out the Pac12.

1 Alabama (Bye)
2 Clemson (Bye)
3 Ohio State (Bye)
4 Notre Dame (Bye)
5 Texas A&M vs 12 Coastal Carolina
6 Oklahoma vs 11 Indiana
7 Florida vs 10 Iowa State
8 Cincinatti vs 9 Georgia

Thank Nick Saban and Alabama for playoff

By Joseph Goodman | jgoodman@al.com

College football’s broken playoff system needed fixing. That was the most obvious thing in sports.

The four-team College Football Playoff is the biggest running con in the collegiate con game. It has all but ruined the Football Bowl Subdivision, and expansion couldn’t wait any longer. Again, these were the obvious things.

Not so obvious. Why begin moving that way now? Why Thursday? Alabama coach Nick Saban, he of a new three-year contract extension, might have a clever answer if we spiked the truth serum into his ageless veins.

Thank Nick Saban and Alabama for playoff

Sorry, but you used the AP rankings and not the CFP rankings. Also there would not be any autobids for conferences and that would leave out the Pac12.

1 Alabama (Bye)
2 Clemson (Bye)
3 Ohio State (Bye)
4 Notre Dame (Bye)
5 Texas A&M vs 12 Coastal Carolina
6 Oklahoma vs 11 Indiana
7 Florida vs 10 Iowa State
8 Cincinatti vs 9 Georgia
ND cannot be a bye; the top six spots are reserved for conference champions.

Back