College Football "Playoff" 2018

Has the 4 team Playoffs ushered in this "Sitting out of Meaningless Bowl games" trend that will see from NFL bound kids?

Will this New Trend make the Committee expand to more teams so kids won't choose to sit out of Bowl games?

Has the 4 team Playoffs ushered in this "Sitting out of Meaningless Bowl games" trend that will see from NFL bound kids?

Will this New Trend make the Committee expand to more teams so kids won't choose to sit out of Bowl games?

There really shouldn't be a correlation. The guys sitting out bowl games are on teams that would not have made the CFP in an expanded field anyway. And it really doesn't impact the committee either. The NCAA isn't impacted because it does not control any of the bowls.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
There really shouldn't be a correlation. The guys sitting out bowl games are on teams that would not have made the CFP in an expanded field anyway. And it really doesn't impact the committee either. The NCAA isn't impacted because it does not control any of the bowls.
In an 8 team playoff Ohio State and UGA definitely would be in

In an 8 team playoff Ohio State and UGA definitely would be in

I don't care. LOL

If anything, guys missing bowl games should make the NCAA revisit its entire premise on amateurism. Players are trying to protect their earning potential. Maybe if cats were (legally) allowed to earn a salary, they'd wouldn't be so willing to withdraw from postseason games.

Last edited:
I don't care. LOL

If anything, guys missing bowl games should make the NCAA revisit its entire premise on amateurism. Players are trying to protect their earning potential. Maybe if cats were (legally) allowed to earn a salary, they'd wouldn't be so willing to withdraw from postseason games.

Would Greedy Williams be sitting out if Lsu was an 8 seed in a 8 team CFP or Will Grier for that matter???

People have talked about the Meaningless Cactus bowls of the world for years and now those Bowls really don't matter.

That still doesn’t solve the problems with amateurism.

I'm not talking about Amateurism. I'm talking about CFP playoff expansion. I think that if the field was expanded that these kids would not be skipping out on these bowl games if they knew they were still in the hunt for a National Championship.

I'm not talking about Amateurism. I'm talking about CFP playoff expansion. I think that if the field was expanded that these kids would not be skipping out on these bowl games if they knew they were still in the hunt for a National Championship.

That still doesn’t prevent Will Grier from skipping the Camping World Bowl or any other non-playoff Bowl game.

Last edited:
idk if y’all can see it, but it’s Mike Leach pretty much breaking it down

You have to watch the whole interview to appreciate it lol

The sad thing is that you got people on here regurgitating that same watered down mess when every other level of football and every other sport does it

I don't care. LOL

Bowl games are meaningless unless your in the playoffs

You have to watch the whole interview to appreciate it lol

The sad thing is that you got people on here regurgitating that same watered down mess when every other level of football and every other sport does it

Argued some of my homies up and down about it. Every other sport has a playoff

Would Greedy Williams be sitting out if Lsu was an 8 seed in a 8 team CFP or Will Grier for that matter???

People have talked about the Meaningless Cactus bowls of the world for years and now those Bowls really don't matter.
LSU wouldn't be in the playoff field it expanded to 8 teams either. The committee would have to give Florida the edge over them due to head-to-head.

Doesn't every Bowl have an "experience" attached to it? Don't the players get banquets, shopping, get to participate in various activities and attend various events? I doubt if they want to give up their advantages. Plus you only have to win six games to qualify for a bowl "experience "?

I think I remember reading a while back on how money is/was lost with the FCS playoffs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
LSU finished 11th in the final CFP rankings. They wouldn’t have made an eight-team field.
doesn’t change that their wins are better. Me personally they got messed over in that A&M game but it still needs to be 8 teams. Would have been Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, Washington, Ohio State, UGA, ND, and UCF

AP Top 25 ap_Top25

BREAKING: A proposal under consideration would expand the College Football Playoff from four to 12 teams, with six spots reserved for the highest-ranked conference champions.

E3i5P5nX0AIXsWs

I looked at the final Top 25 from last year.
I took out the top six champions and ranked them then took the next six in the ranking and the results is more interesting than I first thought. (AP ranking in parent.)

1. Alabama (1) vs. 12. Coastal Carolina (9)
2. Ohio State (3) vs. 11. Indiana (7)
3. Clemson (2) vs. 10. BYU (13)
4. Oklahoma (9) vs. 9. Northwestern (15)
5. Cincinnati (6) vs. 8. Iowa State (12)
6. USC (21) vs. 7. TAMU (5)

collegefootballnews.com/2021/01/ap-top-25-college-football-poll-rankings-2020-final

I looked at the final Top 25 from last year.
I took out the top six champions and ranked them then took the next six in the ranking and the results is more interesting than I first thought. (AP ranking in parent.)

1. Alabama (1) vs. 12. Coastal Carolina (9)
2. Ohio State (3) vs. 11. Indiana (7)
3. Clemson (2) vs. 10. BYU (13)
4. Oklahoma (9) vs. 9. Northwestern (15)
5. Cincinnati (6) vs. 8. Iowa State (12)
6. USC (21) vs. 7. TAMU (5)

collegefootballnews.com/2021/01/ap-top-25-college-football-poll-rankings-2020-final

You mean to tell me that people wouldn't have tuned in to see undefeated Cinderella CCU go to Tuscaloosa to take on undefeated Alabama?

They have missed out on a lot of money these past few years due to elitism and sooner rather than later they know they will have to expand it

You mean to tell me that people wouldn't have tuned in to see undefeated Cinderella CCU go to Tuscaloosa to take on undefeated Alabama?

They have missed out on a lot of money these past few years due to elitism and sooner rather than later they know they will have to expand it
looks like 1-4 will get a first round bye so Bama gets the first week off. :)

Back