College Football "Playoff" 2018

It kilt them! Oklahoma besides Clemson can offensively hang with Bama. If Oklahoma was in Georgia position with 14pts up on Bama I think Oklahoma doesn't stop scoring on Bama. Kyler is a Playa! I'm excited for the Bama/Oklahoma semifinal.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how Bama plays them defensively. Last year Georgia dropped out of that zone defense and went man and held the OU offense to just 10 points in the 2nd half. I wonder if Bama will start out man. If OUs defense doesn't wake up though.......I don't know if they'll get the ball enough to even put up 40+ points. We'll see though. It's definitely gonna be the best bowl game of the year IMO.

Yeah, I'm curious to see how Bama plays them defensively. Last year Georgia dropped out of that zone defense and went man and held the OU offense to just 10 points in the 2nd half. I wonder if Bama will start out man. If OUs defense doesn't wake up though.......I don't know if they'll get the ball enough to even put up 40+ points. We'll see though. It's definitely gonna be the best bowl game of the year IMO.
Mayfield isn't as dynamic a runner as Murray is so it will be a challenge if they do go man.

Mayfield isn't as dynamic a runner as Murray is so it will be a challenge if they do go man.

Yeah I thought about that too. Very true. Maybe some combo of man zone or something. I know one thing.......going zone will definitely kill Bama IMO. OU thrives off timing and finding those holes in a zone, but if you can jam up those receiver's maybe it'll throw it off but like you said........Kyler will take off running at that point and I've seen nobody stop him when he gets running.

This game sets up Perfectly for Hurts and Saban ball control type offense he normally prefers. Saban can play keep away from OU offense and run the rock all game long.

If Kyler can get rolling and Bama gets pass happy with plenty of errant passes with 3 and outs it can be a game.

Kyler will struggle with Bama, pressure up the middle with those DT's will disrupt his passing lanes thus cut off 2/3rds the field when he's pushed out of the pocket. He's a smaller guy and needs those lanes to be effective. He will have some success early running but after a few hits he will be weary of doing much of that. Don't forget, his future is on the diamond not on the football field.

Kyler will struggle with Bama, pressure up the middle with those DT's will disrupt his passing lanes thus cut off 2/3rds the field when he's pushed out of the pocket. He's a smaller guy and needs those lanes to be effective. He will have some success early running but after a few hits he will be weary of doing much of that. Don't forget, his future is on the diamond not on the football field.
He is great at avoiding direct hits. Dude will baseball slide with the quickness.

The Sooners OL is really good. They lost their top running back and still were able to put up numbers on the ground.

True true

The Sooners OL is really good. They lost their top running back and still were able to put up numbers on the ground.

They do have a good OL and traditionally have............but........that's against some of the worst defenses probably in the power 5. I have yet to understand how an entire conference can be bad on defense......except maybe Texas. They're decent.. It'll be a very good and interesting match up. Wouldn't surprise me if OU won a close one.

Murray is going to be the best athlete on the field. And that’s rare to say when Bama is the on the other side.

Murray is going to be the best athlete on the field. And that’s rare to say when Bama is the on the other side.

Yeah he will be for sure. Will be interesting to see how he performs against maybe the best collection of athletes on the field. Although.........Bama looked suspect against Georgia the way the gashed 'em.. I wish they could have bumped OU to 3rd and maybe have this be the title game.

Yeah he will be for sure. Will be interesting to see how he performs against maybe the best collection of athletes on the field. Although.........Bama looked suspect against Georgia the way the gashed 'em.. I wish they could have bumped OU to 3rd and maybe have this be the title game.
UGA has the running backs for that. Oklahoma is going to spread them out and hit them from every angle. They will have to use a spy because if they play man and run off Kyler will take it 60 for a TD. I think if Bama get down like they did against UGA they will lose

I think the OU offense is going to play similarly to the way they did against Georgia last year, but lose because its defense won't be get enough stops to win.

Let’s analyze that.... out of those three teams I’ll give you Syracuse as a legit win....

Virginia tech - got knocked out of the top 25 and just didn’t look good across the board this year so does that really qualify as a quality win?

Stanford - did you watch them play Oregon? They were lucky at best not good...

Let’s talk about classic struggle come from behind wins to Vanderbilt, ball state, and navy ...?

This is 2012 all over again for Notre dame

They dodged a Clemson this year but they can’t dodge them in the playoffs

Clemson's best win was a 2-pt win over Texas A&M..............They haven't exactly had a challenging schedule themselves.

I think the OU offense is going to play similarly to the way they did against Georgia last year, but lose because its defense won't be get enough stops to win.

Yeah, I have Bama by 10. Unless something really weird happens and OU's defense gets a couple of bad turnovers from Bama.

In a conference that is basically 7 on 7. They have not faced a defense like the Tide!

You act like that Bama hasn’t given up a bunch of points against great offenses in the CFP before. And that OU put up 40-plus against Georgia last year.

You act like that Bama hasn’t given up a bunch of points against great offenses in the CFP before. And that OU put up 40-plus against Georgia last year.

They have, but OU is not the team to beat them! I like Murray, but Bama will win. OU put 40 on Georgia and still lost. Most of that came in the first half.

They have, but OU is not the team to beat them! I like Murray, but Bama will win. OU put 40 on Georgia and still lost. Most of that came in the first half.
TBH if OU would have got at least a field goal in the 3rd quarter they probably would have won

Only problem is that things may change when One of those Monsters from Bama hit Kyler. I think that may be the game changer. If Bama can hit him early and often it may make Kyler gun shy.

Back