Colin Kaepernick to hold private workout arranged by the NFL

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This workout arranged by the NFL is so disingenuous. No other FA QB teams were interested in had to go through a workout first. Cats were literally being called out of retirement to gauge their interest in playing.

If the league were really interested, they wouldn’t wait until there were seven games left in the regular season to do this. Nor would the workout be conducted on a Saturday when no NFL coaches or GMs would be there.

At any point in the last three years, teams could have brought Kap to their training camp to have him workout but chose not to. This seems like a PR stunt from the league just to throw Kap a bone.

Hasn't Kaepernick already excepted a few million dollars from the NFL to drop the lawsuit he had against them.

Hasn't Kaepernick already excepted a few million dollars from the NFL to drop the lawsuit he had against them.

When I think about this entire situation, three plausible scenarios come to mind. However, I am not sure which one is the case: 1) When Kaep settled with the NFL, there may have been some kind of non disclosed stipulation for the league to make an effort to get him back on a team. 2) The league is providing PR cover for teams that are interested in acquiring his services. 3) Jay- Zee has come and let NFL powers know about the self induced PR black eye. Subsequently he has been successful in coercing them to correct the problem. Perhaps it a combination of any of these situations.....

When I think about this entire situation, three plausible scenarios come to mind. However, I am not sure which one is the case: 1) When Kaep settled with the NFL, there may have been some kind of non disclosed stipulation for the league to make an effort to get him back on a team. 2) The league is providing PR cover for teams that are interested in acquiring his services. 3) Jay- Zee has come and let NFL powers know about the self induced PR black eye. Subsequently he has been successful in coercing them to correct the problem. Perhaps it a combination of any of these situations.....

Apparently he went to Goddell and suggest this because of the PR hit he took a few months ago basically saying that the league used him to take the brunt force of the backlash with black people

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
his workout was supposed to start at 3 but was delayed until 4 and moved from the falcons facility to a local school w/ complaints from Kaps team that this was just a dog and pony show and not a legit process.

Hate that Kaep is allowing them to play with him like this. At this point he has to realize that bridge has been blown and is rigged to be blow again. Might have to take his talents to the XFL, AFL or CFL.

It's bullshit if you ask me. Heck commentators tell stories of guys that were working at Starbucks, Lowes, Home Depot, and teaching high school to come and work out for a team. This is just one of the ways to say "well we gave him a chance."
Matt Moore was a high school coach a little over two weeks ago and ended up getting a job.

PR Stunt to make the shield look good.

As for Matt Moore, he is white and no matter how awful they are, they get chance after chance.

The mistrust between Kap and the NFL played out on Saturday and unfortunately will result in Kap’s continued absence from the league.

Back