Coach Tony Hughes named Interim Head Coach

As far as Tony Hughes goes... maybe he would do better at Mississippi State than he did at Jackson State. MSU has low expectations. And when folks say "God is still in the blessin business" I don't think they were referring to Jackson State Football.
Low expectations? The fired the HC two years into his contract. Lol

Croom took over at Mississippi State while they were under NCAA Sanctions. He cleaned up the program and created some stability. However, they didn't win enough and lost some terrible games. 1 winning season in 5 years.

Low expectations? The fired the HC two years into his contract. Lol

They didn't fire him just for football reasons....

MSU will put up with growing pains in football if they genuinely like the head coach and believe he's running a good program. MSU had discipline issues that finally boiled over.

Currently? 1

All time? 4

Sylvester Croom
Kevin Sumlin
James Franklin
Derek Mason

How many white head coaches are currently or have been in the SWAC?

2kool, now there you go. Starting mess. LOL!! LOL!! I am gonna say this again, do you really want to open that door? LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!

(psssst @2kool, I agree with you. I just will not say that too loud in here,) LOL!!

2kool, now there you go. Starting mess. LOL!! LOL!! I am gonna say this again, do you really want to open that door? LOL!!LOL!!LOL!!

(psssst @2kool, I agree with you. I just will not say that too loud in here,) LOL!!

I'm just saying. This is sports. Performance based competition. Not saying black coaches can't compete (please dont get it confused), but its 2020. There have been more black SEC ADs than non black SWAC head football coaches. We dont account for enough of the U.S. population, much less the coaching profession, to JUST hire black only.

Its a conversation worth having IMO.

I'm just saying. This is sports. Performance based competition. Not saying black coaches can't compete (please dont get it confused), but its 2020. There have been more black SEC ADs than non black SWAC head football coaches. We dont account for enough of the U.S. population, much less the coaching profession, to JUST hire black only.

Its a conversation worth having IMO.

But, what percentage of the players are black ? I rest my case.

But, what percentage of the players are black ? I rest my case.

A large majority. I get it, but what does that have to do with making a hire based on everything but qualifications?

Everybody is pissed at the NFL owners for discriminatory hiring but nobody wants to admit that we do the same thing. It's wrong on both ends.

We hire homeboys, frat brothers, etc ALL the time. And it comes back to hurt us more than it helps, and it hurts us worse than it does them. Look at Howard wirh Ron Prince. Did he HAVE to get that job? Despite already having a bad reputation?

A large majority. I get it, but what does that have to do with making a hire based on everything but qualifications?

Everybody is pissed at the NFL owners for discriminatory hiring but nobody wants to admit that we do the same thing. It's wrong on both ends.

We hire homeboys, frat brothers, etc ALL the time. And it comes back to hurt us more than it helps, and it hurts us worse than it does them. Look at Howard wirh Ron Prince. Did he HAVE to get that job? Despite already having a bad reputation?

in some cases the people making the hires didn't come from the organizations they work for and never understood that said organization's needs as it was told they need to apply their experiences to that organization and that's where the disconnect and bad moves result from. If I went to Alabama and become AD at Alabama State, no way in hell what I did at Alabama or who I hired at Alabama will truly work at Alabama State. I need to know what Alabama State needs, how they operate and hire someone who fits that mold.

Not hire someone who only worked in the SEC their whole lives

Back