Coach Rod Broadway

This is a great thread. There is one other interesting fact about Broadway that needs to be mentioned.

The current all-time leading rushers at North Carolina Central, Grambling and North Carolina A&T are players who all played under Rod Broadway. Think about that for a moment.
That's because he's an offense line coach wizard.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
IMHO Broadway is number 2 at Grambling all times, until he is replaced.
I like Broadway in general and I know why someone would say that, but in my opinion he doesn't have the years and championships to claim that spot individually. He won the same amount of championships as Spears and Fobbs. Broadway can build a winner but I question whether he can build a complete program and culture like what Fobbs is doing for example. As much as some may not like Doug, he won four championships.

This is a great thread. There is one other interesting fact about Broadway that needs to be mentioned.

The current all-time leading rushers at North Carolina Central, Grambling and North Carolina A&T are players who all played under Rod Broadway. Think about that for a moment.

That's because he's an offense line coach wizard.

I'm guessing you meant to say defensive line coach.

http://americanfootballdatabase.wikia.com/wiki/Rod_Broadway

I like Broadway in general and I know why someone would say that, but in my opinion he doesn't have the years and championships to claim that spot individually. He won the same amount of championships as Spears and Fobbs. Broadway can build a winner but I question whether he can build a complete program and culture like what Fobbs is doing for example. As much as some may not like Doug, he won four championships.

He's done that at A&T as he's the king of the jungle there. A&T's popularity as an HBCU and enrollment increase has been attributed partly to the success of the football team.

He's done that at A&T as he's the king of the jungle there. A&T's popularity as an HBCU and enrollment increase has been attributed partly to the success of the football team.

North Carolina A&T has always been a popular choice as an HBCU. Their enrollment trajectory is following a similar pattern of most HBCUs across the county.

Broadway is definitely king there, and he is solid coach. He made a great choice. They had a preexisting fan base with a large student enrolllment and living alumni population. They were losing. So, it was perfect for his consistency whether he built anything other than a winning team can be discussed. A&T had a few things in place prior to his arrival. His winning made it easier for them to leverage those preexisting conditions.

Yep.

North Carolina A&T has always been a popular choice as an HBCU. Their enrollment trajectory is following a similar pattern of most HBCUs across the county.

Broadway is definitely king there, and he is solid coach. He made a great choice. They had a preexisting fan base with a large student enrolllment and living alumni population. They were losing. So, it was perfect for his consistency whether he built anything other than a winning team can be discussed. A&T had a few things in place prior to his arrival. His winning made it easier for them to leverage those preexisting conditions.

Many of the things in place now are because of Coach Broadway.

His system travels well with him.

Back