Clarion Ledger SWAC Football Rankings Week 6: Mississippi Valley State moves into top 10 after 2-game win streak

BG

1) Jackson State (4-1)​

The Tigers affirmed their No. 1 ranking coming out of Huntsville with a record-setting 61-15 win over Alabama A&M. The 61 points were the most JSU has scored in 20 years, and the team set a program record with 10 sacks. JSU hosts Alabama State for homecoming at 2 p.m. Saturday at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium.

Last week's ranking: No. 1

2) Alcorn State (3-2)​

Alcorn State is coming off a 24-20 win over Grambling State. Running back Niko Duffey ran for 138 yards on 20 carries, and quarterback Felix Harper completed 15 of 23 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns with one interception. The Braves head to Itta Bena to face Mississippi Valley State at 2 p.m. Saturday.

Last week's ranking: No. 3

3) Prairie View A&M (4-1)​

The Panthers enjoyed an open week after a 27-17 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Sept. 30. Prairie View travels to Daytona Beach, Florida, to face Bethune-Cookman at 3 p.m. Saturday.

Last week's ranking: No. 4

4) Alabama A&M (3-2)​

The Bulldogs' blowout loss to JSU was their second straight loss, and it happened on homecoming. Quarterback Aqeel Glass completed 26 of 40 passes for 293 yards and two touchdowns and was sacked eight times. AAMU faces Florida A&M at 1 p.m. Saturday at Louis Crews Stadium.

Last week's ranking: No. 2

5) Florida A&M (3-2)​

The Rattlers claimed a big 30-7 win over South Carolina State last Saturday. Running back Bishop Bonnett finished with 118 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries. Quarterback RaSean McKay completed 14 of 24 passes for 181 yards and a touchdown.

Last week's ranking: No. 5

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

I fixed it.

1) Jackson State (4-1)​

2) Florida A&M (3-2)​

3) Alcorn State (3-2)​

4) Prairie View A&M (4-1)​

5) Alabama A&M (3-2)​

are you kidding stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
+1. Who the hell he think he talking to? WE ARE......

GEEEEEE....ESSSSSSS....GEEEEEE....ESSSSSSS....GEEEE...ESSSSSS...U....U....UUUU...UUU....I THOUGHT HE KNEW!!!!!

Recognize!!!!!!

Never Ending Slapping GIF
Panthro… When are you going to run those rats off your ship? I’m sure there is a pied piper somewhere that can help the cause.

juice anchorman GIF by Lizzo

Panthro… When are you going to run those rats off your ship? I’m sure there is a pied piper somewhere that can help the cause.

juice anchorman GIF by Lizzo
Bruh, I'm hooked on y'alls chant mane. Cannot help that.

When I wanna' get a point across to a naive faction, like the SWAC newby "wild-dingbats," I have to use it because it emphasizes my attitude.

Bruh, I'm hooked on y'alls chant mane. Cannot help that.

When I wanna' get a point across to a naive faction, like the SWAC newby "wild-dingbats," I have to use it because it emphasizes my attitude.
I just hope we are able to break it out on our dang homecoming this weekend!

Back