1. Alabama A&M (1-0)The Bulldogs had an open week ahead of Thursday's conference opener in Florida against Bethune-Cookman. This week's matchup marks the conference defending champions' SWAC opener.
Last week's ranking: No. 1
2. Jackson State (2-0)JSU followed its season-opening win over Florida A&M with a dominant 38-16 victory over Tennessee State this past weekend. The Tigers had the SWAC offensive player of the week (Shedeur Sanders), defensive player of the week (James Houston IV) and special teams player of the week (Warren Newman III). JSU will play at FBS opponent Louisiana Monroe on Saturday.
Last week's ranking: No. 2
3. Arkansas-Pine Bluff (1-0)The Golden Lions had an open week after opening the season with a 34-16 win over Lane College. UAPB now heads on the road to face 0-2 Central Arkansas on Saturday.
Last week's ranking: No. 3
4. Florida A&M (1-1)The Rattlers bounced back from the loss to No. 2 Jackson State with a 34-7 win over Fort Valley State on Saturday. The program's quarterback situation is up for grabs, as freshman Junior Muratovic threw two interceptions and one touchdown and junior quarterback Rasean McKay threw one touchdown and zero interceptions.
Last week's ranking: No. 4
5. Alcorn State (1-1)Coming off a bye week, the Braves opened the home schedule with a 13-10 win over Northwestern State. Quarterback Felix Harper solidified the win with a late touchdown run in the fourth quarter. Alcorn State now travels to face FBS opponent South Alabama.
Last week's ranking: No. 5
Here are the Clarion Ledger's fourth Southwestern Athletic Conference, SWAC, football rankings for the 2021 fall season.